A Public Apology To Randy Pitchford

Started by Local Trouble, Aug 08, 2018, 11:54:01 AM

Author
A Public Apology To Randy Pitchford (Read 76,076 times)

The Kurgan

That would be awesome.
Pretty sure they don't though.

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 09, 2019, 09:16:44 PM
Are they planning to remaster it for the current generation consoles?

Its a computer only game, if a remaster would ever come, and it won't sadly, it would be for steam only I guess. I don't care much for graphics, so I think the game is fine but there are mods to improve looks, its from 2001 so any computer can run it. Its available on AVP Unknown.

Suprised you never ran into any of these games during the last decades.

Huggs

Huggs

I never played an avp game until avp3.

I was too busy playing MOHAA.

Other than that I didn't play many games on pc. I was a console man and still am. Though I expect to give up gaming within the next 2-5 years.

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 09, 2019, 10:56:26 PM

Oh my. Weren't you a fan in the early 2000s? AVP2 was all at that time.

I didn't play many games on pc. I was a console man and still am.

Well I only had AVP, AVP2 and UT 2004 on pc. Apart from those I was all console, ever had ps1 or ps2? No Alien Trilogy, AVP Extinction and Predator Concrete Jungle? After that I spended a lot of time just being on the 360. Got AVP2010 and ACM. I only became a pc gamer over the last few years since I didn't see a need to get a next gen console.

Though I expect to give up gaming within the next 2-5 years.

Don't do it before the next game arrives.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 09, 2019, 11:10:35 PM

Oh my. Weren't you a fan in the early 2000s? AVP2 was all at that time.

I didn't play many games on pc. I was a console man and still am.

Well I only had AVP, AVP2 and UT 2004 on pc. Apart from those I was all console, ever had ps1 or ps2? No Alien Trilogy, AVP Extinction and Predator Concrete Jungle? After that I spended a lot of time just being on the 360. Got AVP2010 and ACM. I only became a pc gamer over the last few years since I didn't see a need to get a next gen console.

Though I expect to give up gaming within the next 2-5 years.

Don't do it before the next game arrives.

Mobile games aren't my thing.  ;)

PC gaming never took off for me because my family was running tech that didn't meet most requirements at the time. By the time we did, I could never find a copy, and my cousin made it out to just be a multiplayer affair. So I passed on it.

Then came the days of drm, and limited installs, and having to be connected to the internet constantly to play single player. I naturally preferred being able to pop a disc in and just play it. So console kept my heart.

Though I did play the fire out of doom 3, gears of war, pvz1, and cod4 on pc.

Local Trouble

You need a PS5 when it comes out so you can rebuild the backlog.

Huggs

Huggs

Never again.

I will not listen to the sirens song.

Local Trouble

Oh, you'll get pulled back in just like Michael Corleone.  It's only matter of time.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 10, 2019, 03:19:33 AM
Oh, you'll get pulled back in just like Michael Corleone.  It's only matter of time.

"I bought another game".

"It was new, but cheap"

"They influenced me, and I bought another game!"

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 09, 2019, 09:16:44 PM
Are they planning to remaster it for the current generation consoles?
Extremely unlikely - the developer, Monolith, owns the game engine and assets (and are in turn owned by Warner Bros), while FOX owns the intellectual property. You'd have to get them both to cooperate for some kind of re-release.

I would have thought that might have been possible after FOX allowed the Alien and Predator to show up in Mortal Kombat X (a Warner Bros game), but now that FOX is owned by the House of Mouse, I figure the chances are about nil.

SuperiorIronman

It's pretty much separate licensing that's the issue to getting a re-release of pretty much anything.

Netherrealm by the way it was described in a rapid fire interview with Ed Boon was that they simply ask companies if they can use certain characters as guest spots. It's pretty much up to the license holder if they want to have their I.P get blown apart or maimed in an MK game and they go from there. Meaning that regardless of it being WB or not, the decision to get Alien and Predator into MK was Fox's decision when Netherrealm asked.

I don't believe Fox or Netherrealm owns those specific instances of the characters and that they would have to renegotiate if they wanted to use them again. That being said, we don't know what that contract looked like, but I'd imagine it was only for that game.

Xenomrph

Well yeah it was definitely a one-off, I more of meant that if WB and FOX were willing to play ball once, maybe they'd be willing to do it again.

Vertigo

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 10, 2019, 03:19:33 AM

All 21st century consoles are the Part 3 of Godfathers.

Huggs

Huggs

Once my ps3 goes, I'm out for good.

I've totally skipped the ps4 generation so far.

Might as well keep going.

Local Trouble

PS5 will be the GP100 of consoles.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed