Female Predators CONFIRMED?!

Started by RakaiThwei, Jul 19, 2018, 11:42:26 PM

Author
Female Predators CONFIRMED?! (Read 12,326 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 20, 2018, 07:26:53 PM
Seems like many people are leery of seeing more predator culture revealed on-screen, or having one as a more prominent and fleshed out character, because it would "humanize" them, but have no problem applying human concepts of gender traits to them...?

But anyone can say that their appearance is more masculine, that doesn't take away  mystery. It's the key word IMO : mystery. As long as enough of it is left, it's all good. There could be predator clowns or predator accountants on their planet. Would i want to see that in a movie : absolutely not. Female preds could exist, there is no definitive reason why it wouldn't be, but i don't want to know. Mystery.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Saying the Predators we've seen up to now have been men isn't destroying mystery. That's pretty well established from what is said in the scripts, what is said on screen, and what is plainly visually obvious.

Even having a Predator lean more towards a full fleshed out character wouldn't necessarily destroy mystery. Even in the original trilogy, Darth Vader still dies with some air of mystery to him.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Like i said earlier, everything about them tends towards masculinity no doubt about it. I just think that some people would consider this insufficient to say they are males, because that's the way some people are. Some people want to explain and rationalize everything, but i'm not one of them.

The Old One

The Old One

That probably has to do with the original's critique on hyper masculinity, not to say it doesn't have fun with the tropes of that typical macho action film.

That's also reflected in the Predator's design  which is probably why the idea of the male and female gender identities are so prominent in people's minds when it comes to Predator.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 20, 2018, 07:46:25 PM
Seems like many people are leery of seeing more predator culture revealed on-screen, or having one as a more prominent and fleshed out character, because it would "humanize" them, but have no problem applying human concepts of gender traits to them...?

But anyone can say that their appearance is more masculine, that doesn't take away  mystery. It's the key word IMO : mystery. As long as enough of it is left, it's all good. There could be predator clowns or predator accountants on their planet. Would i want to see that in a movie : absolutely not. Female preds could exist, there is no definitive reason why it wouldn't be, but i don't want to know. Mystery.

When you think human clowns are freaky, just imagine a predator clown...  :o

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 20, 2018, 08:19:57 PM

Luring preddy kids in the sewers of predaville, i must admit, even for me, that would be interesting to watch  :laugh:

Wysps

Wysps

Well I'm in the camp for wanting to see something different with the females. It's getting old seeing every alien species portrayed as essentially a human body with a different head. They all just end up looking like they could be a part of the Elder Scrolls ensemble of characters. Something a little more original in terms of dealing with sex would be appreciated, though in the end I'm more interested in expanding on their characterization rather then their body parts  :laugh:

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 20, 2018, 08:26:15 PM

Luring preddy kids in the sewers of predaville, i must admit, even for me, that would be interesting to watch  :laugh:

Yikes!!  :o

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Yeah...I picture a female predator having almost an Olympic runner's frame. Not particularly muscled like the ones we've seen but also much more leaner than the ones we've seen.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Skin patterns.

Even if you don't want to go along with them being literally humanoid reptilians, which is what they are in most aspects, that would still be a great way, giving females unique styles of skin pattern from the male counterparts. Maybe they're more vibrantly colored. Give em some pearlescent coloring on their striping that gives it an almost semi-reflective quality. Something dazzling. Something that distracts and tames "the beast" that is the male Predator.

Going with the leaner athletic frame makes sense, too. I'd have them adopting a very mime inspired body language. More fluid and subtle.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

They're saving the ladies for the sequel. :P

yautjapet

yautjapet

Personally, I wouldn't want to see female preds in the capacity of some kind of calming or feminine influence on the males - they don't necessarily have to be identical in function and behavior as males, but I like the brief mentions in the novels (some of them, anyway, they're so all over the place on any kind of continuity,) that the females can be quite no-nonsense and aggressive. That's just me though!

PredBabe

PredBabe

Well someone needs to call Upgrades mamma so she can grab him by his ears and drag him back to Yautja Prime.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 20, 2018, 08:26:15 PM

Those poor little pred kids.

I imagine they have big bellies and skinny arms and legs. Cute little devils.

SM

SM

So, in effect, 'No girls allowed'?

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jul 20, 2018, 08:30:40 PM
Yeah...I picture a female predator having almost an Olympic runner's frame. Not particularly muscled like the ones we've seen but also much more leaner than the ones we've seen.

No, gymnastics body. Cause they are parkouring all the time.

BishopShouldGo

Bring on female predators.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed