Female Predators CONFIRMED?!

Started by RakaiThwei, Jul 19, 2018, 11:42:26 PM

Author
Female Predators CONFIRMED?! (Read 12,169 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Jul 21, 2018, 11:32:22 PM
Jesus Christ you are all hilarious 😆 only way I want to see a female predator is in the comics or robot chicken. The concept of the predator being a female is just ludacris. I may offend some sensitive millennial in saying so but sorry I'm not sorry one bit a female of any species isnt capable of doing the things predator has done in any film. Keep the predator male fox you've f**ked up enough on the last three films as it is

I don't see how having a female Predator makes the male Predator any less of a badass. That reasoning baffles me.

Quote from: cheachea on Jul 22, 2018, 01:07:05 AM
Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Jul 22, 2018, 12:57:56 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 21, 2018, 11:58:06 PM
There's nothing ludicrous about a female predator.
from what's been established in film canon yes. It's absolutely ludicrous. Can men have just this one thing without feminist f**king it up? Just leave the predator alone please

^^^ This ^^^ a million times. Why can't they just leave us alone and stop pushing their snowflake bs on us. They have to ruin Everything ( Ghostbusters, Terminator 3, women's MMA, women's NBA etc. No one wants to see that crap.)

Who is us? Who are they? I'm genuinely curious. I'd really like to see this from your point of view. Surely you're not speaking for the sexes in general, since there are plenty of people here on these boards who'd probably disagree with you - from both sexes.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 22, 2018, 01:13:57 AM
Jeez, you guys are weak. Getting this worked up about the possibility a fictional organism could be female, or that females might be competent? You're the snowflakes.

Exactly. It almost seems like some would prefer it if the females don't exist at all, which would mean the "males" are actually asexual or reproduce amongst themselves.

cheachea

cheachea

Quote from: SiL on Jul 22, 2018, 01:40:12 AM
Quote from: cheachea on Jul 22, 2018, 01:19:34 AM

A weak person wouldn't say anything and just accept it. Most people are spineless cowards.
Nah, getting this vitriolic about fiction that doesn't belong to you is pretty pathetic and weak.

Quote from: cheachea on Jul 22, 2018, 01:33:36 AM
And now we have to suffer through trash movies and unfunny women comedians like Amy Schumer.
Yeah, back in the good old days we just had to deal with unfunny male comedians. They were totally more tolerable ::)

I'm right and you're  wrong and you just need to deal with it.  :)

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: cheachea on Jul 22, 2018, 01:46:04 AM
I'm right and you're  wrong and you just need to deal with it.  :)

Lol f**k that's a pathetically juvenile response ::)

PredBabe

PredBabe

Well you can't reason with ignorance. I guess their manhood is threatened and clearly it doesn't take much.

The Old One

The Old One

I have a feeling they're not going beyond the parasitic Facehugger stage with posts like that.
It makes sense, a failed Facehugger- impotent and pathetic.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: SiL on Jul 22, 2018, 01:13:57 AM
Jeez, you guys are weak. Getting this worked up about the possibility a fictional organism could be female, or that females might be competent? You're the snowflakes.

Preach the truth.

Wysps

Wysps

As we were...  ::)

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 20, 2018, 08:57:30 PM
Skin patterns.

Even if you don't want to go along with them being literally humanoid reptilians, which is what they are in most aspects, that would still be a great way, giving females unique styles of skin pattern from the male counterparts. Maybe they're more vibrantly colored. Give em some pearlescent coloring on their striping that gives it an almost semi-reflective quality. Something dazzling. Something that distracts and tames "the beast" that is the male Predator.

Being a bird person myself lol, I've always found it interesting the way the sexes are differentiated in the avian world, with extra plumage and colors. That'd be an interesting take without going full on human body. Though I confess, as cool as it would look, that might change the image of the Predator too much...

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

I'm all for the empowerment of women. The issue I have with this is not whether there are female Predators or not rather than female Predators looking like female humans body-wise. It just seems so generic that if there are Predator sexes that they would resemble and coincide with human sexes and gender profiles. It makes the Predator seem very terrestrial, relatable and human rather than extraterrestrial, un-relatable and alien.

I always subscribed to the idea of all Predators as asexual hermafrodites throughout most of their lives, i.e. they're neither men or women, that once or twice during their lifetimes enter hormonal cycles that make them susceptible to propagation.

If they decide to go with visually different looking Predator males and females I would rather have the females look like the males but with different skin patterns and maybe different dreadlock colors and/or different shaped head ridges/crests/spikes. Maybe establish that some of the predators that we have seen so far have been female without us even knowing it. Maybe City Hunter was a female for example?

If we necessarily have to go with Predators with human gender profiles and distinguishable sexes I would be ok with subtle curves and anatomical androgyny. Predators are clearly not mammal (they look pretty "reptilian", they don't have nipples or bellybuttons, and their lipless tusked mouths clearly suggest that they're not meant to be breastfed) which means that there is NO need for boobs.

From a comercial standpoint I can definitely see the appeal in having chesty heroine bodied female Predators to open up the franchise for girls/women, whom will find this overly macho and brawny franchise more interesting and appealing with some bad-ass female representation and femininity tossed in there, as well as an element for the geeks to oogle and get "excited" about...

SM

SM

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 21, 2018, 12:15:46 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 20, 2018, 11:43:26 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 20, 2018, 07:46:25 PM
Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 20, 2018, 07:26:53 PM
Seems like many people are leery of seeing more predator culture revealed on-screen, or having one as a more prominent and fleshed out character, because it would "humanize" them, but have no problem applying human concepts of gender traits to them...?

But anyone can say that their appearance is more masculine, that doesn't take away  mystery. It's the key word IMO : mystery. As long as enough of it is left, it's all good. There could be predator clowns or predator accountants on their planet. Would i want to see that in a movie : absolutely not. Female preds could exist, there is no definitive reason why it wouldn't be, but i don't want to know. Mystery.

So, in effect, 'No girls allowed'?

Please don't get sensitive

Fortunately other responses have rescued your response from being the dumbest.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 22, 2018, 03:10:56 AM
If we necessarily have to go with Predators with human gender profiles and distinguishable sexes I would be ok with subtle curves and anatomical androgyny. Predators are clearly not mammal (they look pretty "reptilian", they don't have nipples or bellybuttons, and their lipless tusked mouths clearly suggest that they're not meant to be breastfed) which means that there is NO need for boobs.

I think there is a clear shot of a navel when City Hunter gives himself a shot in the stomach. At any rate their
skin wouldn't show it like on a human. Look at other mammals and how they appear on them. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-2r8YLDUMnw

SiL

SiL

Just a fold between its manly 6 pack.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SiL on Jul 21, 2018, 09:59:30 PM
How would Keyes know? What would having its DNA help with determining gender unless they had something to compare it to?

You'd use the best available terrestrial matches.

Setting that aside. They don't call him "it." They call him a he. "Ten years ago one of his kind stalked and eliminated an elite group in central America." "He comes here every two days to feed."

"You admire the son of a bitch."
"Not for what he does Lieutenant. For what he is. For what he can give us."

He, he, he, f**king HE.

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 22, 2018, 04:22:43 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-2r8YLDUMnw

Cod piece.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 22, 2018, 06:38:49 AM
You'd use the best available terrestrial matches.
What matches? They found the Predator's sex chromosomes in a few weeks? ??? They have X and Y chromosomes? They're distributed like humans rather than, I dunno, birds, which are entirely different?

QuoteSetting that aside. They don't call him "it." They call him a he. "Ten years ago one of his kind stalked and eliminated an elite group in central America." "He comes here every two days to feed."

"You admire the son of a bitch."
"Not for what he does Lieutenant. For what he is. For what he can give us."

He, he, he, f**king HE.
We call inanimate objects "he" and "she". It looks male to us so he calls it male. That is super, super limp proof of anything.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SiL on Jul 22, 2018, 06:41:23 AM
We call inanimate objects "he" and "she". It looks male to us so he calls it male. That is super, super limp proof of anything.

It's better than "Well we don't know! They could be female." When we do know what the creative intention was. It's film. It's short hand. They made Predator look like a dude because A. that's what he's supposed to be. A dude. A male hunter partaking in safari.

I'm going to assume the government agency that was expressly setup to track and now capture one of these guys is going to know more than we do.

Corporal Hicks

Short story is that no, female Predators for The Predator have not been confirmed. According to Nick, who was at the event, it was a jokey response to a fan question that CBR seem to have gotten the wrong end of the stick with. 

There's no need to get worked up over the possibility of it, though. There's room for adult and reasonable discussion around the subject. I've locked this thread down because as far as I'm concerned that kind of discussion wasn't being had here. I've banned one childish participant of the "discussion" for an inability to follow these very basic requirements we have for discourse here.

I'm not re-opening the thread. If the topic crops up against elsewhere, please remember that very simple request.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed