I feel like there should be another Predator in this hunting the Upgrade

Started by germanator2, Jul 19, 2018, 10:36:19 PM

Author
I feel like there should be another Predator in this hunting the Upgrade (Read 2,511 times)

germanator2

I guess this is kinda where the "friendly" Predators came in in the script, though the execution and plot point of them wasn't really good. But from what I gathered from the script and now based on what Black has said about the Upgrade, it's just another faction/clan of predators just messing around with other DNA to make themselves stronger and are kinda dreaded by the other clans as they obviously hunt and kill other Predators, hence  it hijacked the fugitive predator ship and was after it. But you'd think there at least be a faction of Predators that hunt them, who more militarized with it's weapons that would be tracking the Upgrade to earth, similar to Wolf and cleaning up the mess.

whiterabbit

There is another predator hunting upgrade and it's called the invisible hand of the free movie going market when nobody shows up to watch it.

Now I just kid but man oh man, hearing...
Spoiler
that captured (was it?) gets unceremoniously slaughtered by upgrade is a downer.
[close]

If I wanted to see that again I'd watch Predators.

PredBabe

PredBabe

The article that was posted, in reference to female predators, mentions a "variety of predators" which makes me wonder if there is more up Shane Black's sleeve than what we all were thinking.

Spoiler
Maybe the predator they showed get slaughtered wasn't captured. They built him (or maybe her... now) in such a way that you'd think something significant would come of it other than his spine getting ripped out. It is such a large predator ship to only carry 2 predators.
[close]

Vermillion

426Buddy

Theyll show Dutch's head on a spear. ;)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 19, 2018, 11:52:42 PM
The article that was posted, in reference to female predators, mentions a "variety of predators" which makes me wonder if there is more up Shane Black's sleeve than what we all were thinking.

Spoiler
Maybe the predator they showed get slaughtered wasn't captured. They built him (or maybe her... now) in such a way that you'd think something significant would come of it other than his spine getting ripped out. It is such a large predator ship to only carry 2 predators.
[close]

Spoiler
If the article is legit, then the new total number of Predators is three I think, unless they meant "another alien" instead of "another one of the aliens", which could mean one of the dogs or a hybrid that they kept in the film.  If that's the case, then we honestly don't know who is who at this point.  Which one bites the dust, or if one could potentially survive till the end :-\  Just worrisome that no one else is talking about it.  Kind of makes me think that they're making a lot of assumptions without getting confirmation from a legit resource.  Ugh!
[close]

whiterabbit

I've got some bad news for you. The predator(s) never make it to the end of the film unless they are just there to pick up the corpse.

yautjapet

I'd be thrilled if there were another predator, but that same article using the phrase "variety of predators" mentioned female predators with no proof of it, so I'm wondering if the writer was just mistaken or making assumptions about there being more than just Captive and Upgrade.

OpenMaw

More than likely the "female predator" shit is just some jackhole writer browsing forums like this and taking speculation from fans as fact for buzz.

There are two Predators. When They talk about "different breeds/groups/factions/clans" they are being general and talking about the concept. Not that there are more than two Predators.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Vermillion on Jul 20, 2018, 12:01:00 AM
Dutch. Is. Back.

What if he's just now getting back? 31 years of connecting flights. He lands, still dirty from the fight and wearing the same pants. A 6 foot beard. He takes 2 small steps off the chopper holding his teddy bear that he fashioned from various items he collected. In the same spirit of the jungle preparation scene.

Just then, a kid with a predator Halloween mask yells trick or treat, and he panics. And jumps screaming back into the helicopter.

Either that or he attacks the kid. "Run! It's Heeeeyah!"

Xerxész

Guys, let's clear some points...

1. You are talking about an article which is not a reliable source (as others said in an other topic).
2. If you read the leaked script (which is the base of the film, it's totally clear) the hybrids and IIRC the dogs also were also referenced as 'predators'.

So, do not think too much into a baseless article. There are only Fugitive and Upgrade.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 19, 2018, 10:56:46 PM
There is another predator hunting upgrade and it's called the invisible hand of the free movie going market when nobody shows up to watch it.

Now I just kid but man oh man, hearing...
Spoiler
that captured (was it?) gets unceremoniously slaughtered by upgrade is a downer.
[close]

If I wanted to see that again I'd watch Predators.
Well that just downgraded the Movie for me. The ONLYl reason I was looking forward to this movie was because of the captured.

Stitch

Lionhart

Well. I really hope there is another predator than the female predator.

Vermillion

It's a girl.
Hollywood is big on the gender swap roles. 

I hope she swears like Jungle Hunter though.

Let's see how it goes. Chun Li was cool

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed