The Predator using human weapons (Guns)?? (SPOILERS from Script)

Started by germanator2, Jul 11, 2018, 12:57:57 AM

Author
The Predator using human weapons (Guns)?? (SPOILERS from Script) (Read 6,231 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 12, 2018, 05:33:02 AM
I again, I bring up City Hunter's pretty clear reaction to the shotgun in Predator. He picks it up, turns it over, and smashes it like it's nothing. Literally, the entire receiver and grip shatter like they were made of sugar glass.

I think of that as more of an anger issue over something that has just filled the Predator with lead, not as reaction of disdain against the technology.

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 11, 2018, 10:50:38 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 11, 2018, 09:49:09 AM
Alright, Wysps or someone needs to send me the actual transcript of this scene. ;D

Not a big deal.
When Fugitive gets free he starts to rampage. Casey backs into the decon chamber where she has to get off her clothes (naked...there is a scene in the trailer, that's exactly this part). The Predator kills almost everyone, beheads Colwell (a scientist) and cuts off his hand. Then he uses the head and hand at the access scanners. He manages to get into the decon chamber when he faces Casey...naked (IIRC). Casey tries to shoot with her tranq gun but it jams and then the Predator kinda laughs and goes by, leaving Casey alive.
That's all.

It was more than that, IIRC.

Spoiler

This part, I take issue with in particular:

The Predator cocks its head at her. Is it... smiling?

"Is it... smiling?"

Why do that? I think it's ridiculous, personally.

We already know they need their gear to establish if weapons/people are a threat/worth killing (P2 - "Want some candy?" and pregnant Leona). Here, though, the Pred is 'naked' and it smiles at someone brandishing a 'gun' and doesn't for a second think:

"Hmm that firearm (likely akin to the one used to capture me) is being pointed at my face... best kill her" ?

Instead he thinks:

"Hmm that firearm (likely akin to the one used to capture me) is being pointed at my face.....I know, I'll smile at the nakey lady and be on my merry way!"

Presumably we're supposed to think that because it took Treager's team to capture it that it knows what the tranq guns are/do. But even that opens up more plot hole hell.

But never mind the daft plot holes, WHY ON EARTH WOULD IT 'SMILE' AT HER? I just find it bizarre.

If it was going to do anything even remotely 'Predator-ish', it should've grabbed her by the throat and looked her dead in the eyes like it did Dutch/Harrigan.

/rant

(sorry! - but this part annoyed me BIG TIME!)
[close]

Xerxész

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jul 12, 2018, 10:37:50 AM

Yes, that's why I wrote 'kinda'... I don't know how can they manage to remote control the Predator's mandibles and mouth to mimic a so-called 'smiling'.  What the mandibles can do are opening and closing. And the pussy mouth...nothing.
I think if the Predator laughs instead of smiling, it's better solution. We'll see in the theater. :)

Anyway, I think he is smiling because of the gun jam.
Or a more sexual context...he is smiling because Casey is naked. ;)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 12, 2018, 06:41:00 AM
Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 11, 2018, 11:58:34 PM
I... dig this. ;) I hope it remains as is in the movie!

I would say...part of.
For example, Colwell is replaced with Sean Keyes in the movie,
Spoiler
and Keyes does not die (according to test screening viewers).
[close]
So that's already a difference.
But I think the meeting in the decon chamber remains in the final film.

Man stop spoiling everytime ! Some folks haven't read the test screening content ! Including me ! Spoiler tags please !

*Added spoiler tags. Hicks.

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 12, 2018, 12:29:49 PM
Man stop spoiling everytime ! Some folks haven't read the test screening content ! Including me ! Spoiler tags please !

I'm spoiling without spoiler tag, because this is a spoiler topic...it is in its name.
If you don't want to spoil yourself, do not visit these topics. ;) It is up to you.

In non-spoiler topics I use the spoiler tag, do not worry. :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Actually it does just say (Spoilers from Script) in the topic title. So spoilers related to the test screenings we could be tagging, please.

Xerxész

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2018, 12:45:12 PM
So spoilers related to the test screenings we could be tagging, please.

Fair enough.
Will act accordingly.

Wysps

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 12, 2018, 10:51:10 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Yes, that's why I wrote 'kinda'... I don't know how can they manage to remote control the Predator's mandibles and mouth to mimic a so-called 'smiling'.  What the mandibles can do are opening and closing. And the pussy mouth...nothing.
I think if the Predator laughs instead of smiling, it's better solution. We'll see in the theater. :)

[close]

Spoiler
Well the Predator cocks it's head...it doesn't actually smile per se. And judging from the Collider article and the script, I think the way this plays out is more of the Predator symbolically laughing at Munn's character (because of how ridiculous she looks in the situation.) Like, really? Your puny, naked ass is going to try and shoot me?
[close]

germanator2

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 12, 2018, 01:19:07 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
Well the Predator cocks it's head...it doesn't actually smile per se. And judging from the Collider article and the script, I think the way this plays out is more of the Predator symbolically laughing at Munn's character (because of how ridiculous she looks in the situation.) Like, really? Your puny, naked ass is going to try and shoot me?
[close]
Not that I don't think she's hot, but it felt like an excuse to get her naked in the film

Wysps

Quote from: germanator2 on Jul 12, 2018, 02:17:56 PM
Quote from: Wysps on Jul 12, 2018, 01:19:07 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Not that I don't think she's hot, but it felt like an excuse to get her naked in the film

Yeah...I agree. No harm, no foul I guess ::)

OpenMaw

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2018, 07:24:28 AM
I think of that as more of an anger issue over something that has just filled the Predator with lead, not as reaction of disdain against the technology.

Again, it was flimsy and useless as far as he was concerned. That's why he was able to shatter the entire receiver.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 12, 2018, 05:33:02 AM
I again, I bring up City Hunter's pretty clear reaction to the shotgun in Predator. He picks it up, turns it over, and smashes it like it's nothing. Literally, the entire receiver and grip shatter like they were made of sugar glass.

Yep, that's how I perceive it as well. City Hunter was gonna make sure Harrigan couldn't use that gun again.

Again I bring up the older predator at the end of P2 with the flintlock pistol. They probably admire weapons of all types but if they had to choose, the obvious answer would be their own technology. Clearly that's not what's going on here and we have a Predator stripped of his tech and armor while surrounded by threats, in an unfamiliar place, who have their own armor and weapons. The logical thing for Captured to do is to make use of what he finds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSSAk7Sjc0

I agree with Wysps though. It was just an amusing moment because he probably sees it as ridiculous. Maybe he'll do is purr/click sound  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 12, 2018, 03:21:51 PM

Again, it was flimsy and useless as far as he was concerned. That's why he was able to shatter the entire receiver.

That really doesn't jive within the context of that scene. It reads more like anger at the tool that caused him injury.

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2018, 07:07:21 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 12, 2018, 03:21:51 PM

That really doesn't jive within the context of that scene. It reads more like anger at the tool that caused him injury.

While I can't immediately visualize the gun being smashed, if the receiver did indeed "shatter" it was likely due to it being a plastic prop of some sort. No doubt it was a Remington, which should have a steel receiver. So predator strength or not, it should've bent. Not shattered.

Of course, it was also shatter if effected by the liquid nitro. But it wasn't, I don't believe.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 12, 2018, 07:26:26 PM
While I can't immediately visualize the gun being smashed, if the receiver did indeed "shatter" it was likely due to it being a plastic prop of some sort. No doubt it was a Remington, which should have a steel receiver. So predator strength or not, it should've bent. Not shattered.

Well yeah, but that's kinda my point. He regards it, and then smashes it as if to show just how pathetic it is to him.

I mean, yeah, i'm sure he was angry that he got injured, but that's clearly a demonstration of his strength (to the audience).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed