The Predator using human weapons (Guns)?? (SPOILERS from Script)

Started by germanator2, Jul 11, 2018, 12:57:57 AM

Author
The Predator using human weapons (Guns)?? (SPOILERS from Script) (Read 6,232 times)

YTL_Hunter_H2

I did like that scene using a scalpel to get the head and hand. Still, in my opinion, a predator using our inferior weapons is just not the predator I know and love. Will it ruin the movie for me no because I have no expectations for this flick since reading the script. There were so many directions to take this and yet we end up with this non sense. Autism spider hybrids fatigue fitted predators using translators and heavy artillery just doesn't belong in Predator.   I really hope I have to eat my words of negativity but from the trailers and the terrible script changing day to night and character deaths is highly unlikely to make this a better movie. If it isn't broke don't fix it

BigDaddyJohn

Obviously it depends greatly on execution, but i'm not fond of the idea. I don't think it's a problem of the predator being able or willing to use our weapons or not, but more of a visual problem : it can humanize them too much. This image could stay in your brain for long, thinking of them behaving way too much like a human soldier.

That's not something we even control fully, but our minds are set to think of a predator in some ways, and mine is not ready to see a pred fire a human gun, even though i think he totally could.

georgeromero

I don't see why not. Human weapon is still a weapon. Once he's a fugitive rules change, it's not about hunting anymore when you are the one on the run. And It's not like he'd have much choice. It's either getting captured again and/or being killed or picking a human and getting a slight advantage. The predator would have to be the most stubborn one and stupid to ignore any kind of weapon in a desperate situation like this. If it shoots it can kill lol.

Lionhart

Lionhart

No thank you, no human guns should be used by a predator. He could take it a crush it just like P2 but to use the weapon would make the predator look poor. Leave the crap for the comics imo.

PredBabe

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 11, 2018, 10:50:38 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 11, 2018, 09:49:09 AM
Alright, Wysps or someone needs to send me the actual transcript of this scene. ;D

Not a big deal.
When Fugitive gets free he starts to rampage. Casey backs into the decon chamber where she has to get off her clothes (naked...there is a scene in the trailer, that's exactly this part). The Predator kills almost everyone, beheads Colwell (a scientist) and cuts off his hand. Then he uses the head and hand at the access scanners. He manages to get into the decon chamber when he faces Casey...naked (IIRC). Casey tries to shoot with her tranq gun but it jams and then the Predator kinda laughs and goes by, leaving Casey alive.
That's all.

Fantastic.  :laugh:

Honestly as long as Captured is shooting it with one hand I think it will look fine.

georgeromero

Quote from: Lionhart on Jul 11, 2018, 01:13:41 PM
No thank you, no human guns should be used by a predator. He could take it a crush it just like P2 but to use the weapon would make the predator look poor. Leave the crap for the comics imo.

I don't understand what is it that dictates that a Predator wouldn't use a human weapon? Since it was captured it'd have pretty good reason to use it instead of going barehanded against all those soldiers. Elder from P2 had a revolver (yeah we don't know whether it used it or not) but it wasn't against using that gun as a souvenir. So, if Elder thought human gun is not a pathetic toy nor should Captured.

Lionhart

Quote from: georgeromero on Jul 11, 2018, 01:54:18 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on Jul 11, 2018, 01:13:41 PM

I don't understand what is it that dictates that a Predator wouldn't use a human weapon? Since it was captured it'd have pretty good reason to use it instead of going barehanded against all those soldiers. Elder from P2 had a revolver (yeah we don't know whether it used it or not) but it wasn't against using that gun as a souvenir. So, if Elder thought human gun is not a pathetic toy nor should Captured.

I totally understand what you mean, but that would make the predator look less scary if it used a gun. That's my opinion. It's like saying Jason should use an AK and spray everyone at crystal lake. Pred should use pred tech.

PredBabe

Well Jason's kind of... immortal.

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 11, 2018, 01:32:34 PM
Alright, Wysps or someone needs to send me the actual transcript of this scene. ;D

Not a big deal.
When Fugitive gets free he starts to rampage. Casey backs into the decon chamber where she has to get off her clothes (naked...there is a scene in the trailer, that's exactly this part). The Predator kills almost everyone, beheads Colwell (a scientist) and cuts off his hand. Then he uses the head and hand at the access scanners. He manages to get into the decon chamber when he faces Casey...naked (IIRC). Casey tries to shoot with her tranq gun but it jams and then the Predator kinda laughs and goes by, leaving Casey alive.
That's all.

Honestly as long as Captured is shooting it with one hand I think it will look fine.

I thought you'd be pleased  :laugh: I'm hoping for some comic relief here, to break up that long, intense action sequence. And of course...to get some more personality in there Oh yeah  8)

I know the Predators handling human weapons is a hot topic, but I don't mind seeing it. Why wouldn't they use any tools at their disposal, especially if it's to work towards a goal.

germanator2

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 11, 2018, 12:02:50 PM
Obviously it depends greatly on execution, but i'm not fond of the idea. I don't think it's a problem of the predator being able or willing to use our weapons or not, but more of a visual problem : it can humanize them too much. This image could stay in your brain for long, thinking of them behaving way too much like a human soldier.

That's not something we even control fully, but our minds are set to think of a predator in some ways, and mine is not ready to see a pred fire a human gun, even though i think he totally could.
I kinda see it in vain of the Jedis attitude (particularly Obi-Wan) towards blasters as they're uncivilized.

yautjapet

Quote from: georgeromero on Jul 11, 2018, 01:07:59 PM
I don't see why not. Human weapon is still a weapon. Once he's a fugitive rules change, it's not about hunting anymore when you are the one on the run. And It's not like he'd have much choice. It's either getting captured again and/or being killed or picking a human and getting a slight advantage. The predator would have to be the most stubborn one and stupid to ignore any kind of weapon in a desperate situation like this. If it shoots it can kill lol.

I'd agree with this, I can't see why he'd avoid a human weapon if it was his only option. As long as he's not toting it around the whole time and just uses it briefly to eliminate obstacles and get his proper gear, I'm alright with it.

Not a big deal.
That's all.

I... dig this. ;) I hope it remains as is in the movie!

germanator2

Love this piece of fan art of the Predator. It's a good example I think of the Predator using a human weapon, per se. A bow and arrow is obviously a more primitive weapon than a gun, but it can definitely be seen primarily as a human weapon. No, I don't want to see a Predator going around with a light machine gun spraying and praying, but I can definitely see it using a rifle maybe.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 11, 2018, 03:08:44 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 11, 2018, 01:32:34 PM

Not a big deal.
That's all.

I thought you'd be pleased  :laugh: I'm hoping for some comic relief here, to break up that long, intense action sequence. And of course...to get some more personality in there Oh yeah  8)

I am very pleased and I just had to spoil it for myself lol. I hope they stick with this or something very similar for the actual movie. It's just the right type of humor to bring to a Predator flick, especially when we are looking to establish personality for the creature.  :)

I feel like this movie has taken a lot of concepts from Predator 2 and is just expanding further on them. Which reminds me, for anyone who is either against or on the fence about Predators using human weapons, why do you think Greyback in P2 carried that flintlock pistol on his waist? Cause he liked it. It was a sweet trophy that he probably put to use from time to time.

OpenMaw

Quote from: germanator2 on Jul 12, 2018, 03:57:10 AM

Love this piece of fan art of the Predator. It's a good example I think of the Predator using a human weapon, per se. A bow and arrow is obviously a more primitive weapon than a gun, but it can definitely be seen primarily as a human weapon. No, I don't want to see a Predator going around with a light machine gun spraying and praying, but I can definitely see it using a rifle maybe.

That's a Predator version of something we know. Just like their swords in Predator 2, or the spears, or the crossbow seen in AVP 2010, or the use of a "gun" in AVP R, or the plasma launchers they used in the original AVP comic operating similar to a grenade launcher.

Wholesale of difference between that and a Predator literally hefting an m60.

I again, I bring up City Hunter's pretty clear reaction to the shotgun in Predator. He picks it up, turns it over, and smashes it like it's nothing. Literally, the entire receiver and grip shatter like they were made of sugar glass.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 11, 2018, 11:58:34 PM
I... dig this. ;) I hope it remains as is in the movie!

I would say...part of.
For example, Colwell is replaced with Sean Keyes in the movie,
Spoiler
and Keyes does not die (according to test screening viewers).
[close]
So that's already a difference.
But I think the meeting in the decon chamber remains in the final film.

*Added spoiler tags. Hicks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed