AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2018, 12:03:56 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots! (Read 54,428 times)

Xerxész

What is weird that the
Spoiler
'Rory controlling the ship' scenes
[close]
still remained...at least Hicks has not mentioned in the article that these scenes were deleted.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 06, 2018, 02:21:11 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Jul 06, 2018, 02:15:47 PM
So the humans won't be teaming up with any Predator?

Nope. No team-ups.

I think it's a good thing, we've had enough of that in AVP and Predators. Made me cringe a lot in AVP and a bit in Predators.

Dusk

It kinda is a shame they got rid of the 2 other Predators. I wouldn't have minded if the US Military would manage to get their hands on a life specimen. We have 3 Predators on the run from Upgrade, chaos ensues throughout the Movie. 2 Predators die at the hands of Upgrade, the 3rd one maybe survives and leaves earth on Upgrade's ship, but unbeknownst to him one of his comrades actually survived the battle against Upgrade badly wounded.

That could have been a nice setup for the next Movie.

Ultramorph

It's worth remembering that just because something is cut in one screening doesn't mean it will stay cut. The Engineer bombing scene in Covenant was in some test screenings and then not in others, then in the final film.

Xerxész

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 06, 2018, 02:46:14 PM
It's worth remembering that just because something is cut in one screening doesn't mean it will stay cut.

My only hope is this.

brokentusk420

Good. If they get rid of the retarded kid,  then this movie may have a chance. This is the 1st news about this movie I've heard since its announcement. What all these people complaining about the "new" and "bold" stuff beong taken out don't understand, is that it was trash only suited for Saturday morning cartoons. If you like that nonsense go watch transformers or something. 

germanator2

I don't mind the Predators and humans teaming up. Obviously it depends on the circumstances and how it's executed, but as merciless as the Predators are, they're still an honorable race of aliens as demonstrated in Predator 2. I can believe they'd form an alliance with humans to help ensure their own survival, especially against something like an Upgrade. It's what makes the Predator stand out  against other alien/monster villains. They're not mindless killers and if anything are arogant and egoistical because they believe they're Superior and can survive anything and will use anything to ensure that survival, including something like forming an alliance with humans temporarily. It just really depends on the circumstances and how it plays out

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Jul 06, 2018, 02:52:11 PM
Good. If they get rid of the retarded kid,  then this movie may have a chance. This is the 1st news about this movie I've heard since its announcement. What all these people complaining about the "new" and "bold" stuff beong taken out don't understand, is that it was trash only suited for Saturday morning cartoons. If you like that nonsense go watch transformers or something.

If we could get rid of your often retarded comments that would be even better

Highland

I don't see any version of the movie where preds in tanks is good other than a black comedy.

Sounds like they saw some sense.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 06, 2018, 03:04:06 PM

If we could get rid of your often retarded comments that would be even better

I second that.

Quote from: germanator2 on Jul 06, 2018, 02:57:04 PM
I don't mind the Predators and humans teaming up. Obviously it depends on the circumstances and how it's executed, but as merciless as the Predators are, they're still an honorable race of aliens as demonstrated in Predator 2. I can believe they'd form an alliance with humans to help ensure their own survival, especially against something like an Upgrade. It's what makes the Predator stand out  against other alien/monster villains. They're not mindless killers and if anything are arogant and egoistical because they believe they're Superior and can survive anything and will use anything to ensure that survival, including something like forming an alliance with humans temporarily. It just really depends on the circumstances and how it plays out

I agree. I am disappointed to hear they're doing away with the friendlies. The APC bits from the trailer looked pretty entertaining. But knowing that the 2 friendly preds bite the dust minutes after being introduced, and don't put up any fight, makes me ok with just taking them out all together. I suppose if you're not going to do it right then don't do it at all.

Corporal Hicks

Good. If they get rid of the retarded kid, then this movie may have a chance. This is the 1st news about this movie I've heard since its announcement. What all these people complaining about the "new" and "bold" stuff beong taken out don't understand, is that it was trash only suited for Saturday morning cartoons. If you like that nonsense go watch transformers or something.

Please consider this your only warning - we don't tolerate comments like that. Please don't do it again.

germanator2

I like the sound of the Upgrade giving the survivors a chance. At least it won't be a generic mindless beast

bobby brown

:-\ :-\

Spoiler
Wanted to see those hybrids
[close]

Yautja_Warrior

Small hope these things get put back in the final version or maybe Shane will be very good to us and give us a Directors Cut blu-ray with both cuts of the movie. I would be more than happy with that.

Jigsaw85

If this is true, then I'm gutted. The only reason I was supporting this film was because of all the risks it was taking. I was really looking forward to the hybrid predators fighting the two normal predators and the loonies. I was looking forward to a predator film upping-the-anti and giving us a war film with predators. So are they really pulling a rouge one, and advertising scenes that we'll never get to see? So instead of giving us an original take on the predator series, we're just going to get the usual group of humans vs one predator formula again? Shame, damn shame. Well, can't say i'm all that hyped for this movie. I mean, what do I have to look forward to now? the whole movie was pretty much in the trailer. Captured crashes on earth, kills a few guys, gets captured, breaks free, kills a few more guys, chases loonies to a school, gets killed by Upgrade, Loonies fight Upgrade and eventually win. It's just going to be the same crap we've seen before only with a bigger predator. Oh wait, there's going to be Predator dogs? well at least that's something new....Oh wait, no it isn't, Predators already did that, just like they already did the 'bigger' predator thing. And to think, Fox sacrificed a sequel to Predators for this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed