Too bad Benicio del Toro had to drop out of this

Started by germanator2, Jun 29, 2018, 09:28:25 PM

Author
Too bad Benicio del Toro had to drop out of this (Read 3,536 times)

germanator2

He was originally attached to as the lead role, but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. He's awesome in anything he does, but just saw Sicario 2 today, and he's just a beast in it! Hope he can do a future Predator film

BigDaddyJohn

I think he is a great actor, but i must admit i can't picture him in this movie at all. I don't know, too serious looking maybe, too cold, i'm not quite sure.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: germanator2 on Jun 29, 2018, 09:28:25 PM
He was originally attached to as the lead role, but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. He's awesome in anything he does, but just saw Sicario 2 today, and he's just a beast in it! Hope he can do a future Predator film
I'm totally fine with Boyd Holbrook as Quinn, he seems to fit the character, when reading the leaked script I would have never imagined Del Toro as the lead

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 29, 2018, 09:38:55 PM
I think he is a great actor, but i must admit i can't picture him in this movie at all. I don't know, too serious looking maybe, too cold, i'm not quite sure.
Agreed

Huggs

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jun 29, 2018, 10:41:42 PM
Agreed

Were this being done as a straight-up deadly serious movie, with a lot of drama and intense horror/action, then he'd probably have been an excellent choice. Something like a Sicario/predator spinoff where he's tracking someone across Mexico whom he thinks is trying to take-over the cartels by basically killing everybody and turning them into trophies. Until he discovers the truth and has to fight for his life.

I doubt we'll ever see a predator film that serious though. It's a shame, he can play an absolute beast when he wants to.  ;)

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 29, 2018, 10:55:34 PM
Agreed

Were this being done as a straight-up deadly serious movie, with a lot of drama and intense horror/action, then he'd probably have been an excellent choice. Something like a Sicario/predator spinoff where he's tracking someone across Mexico whom he thinks is trying to take-over the cartels by basically killing everybody and turning them into trophies. Until he discovers the truth and has to fight for his life.

I doubt we'll ever see a predator film that serious though. It's a shame, he can play an absolute beast when he wants to.  ;)
Oh I know he's a beast and is serious as hell, but once I read the script and saw Rory casted and then the other Loonies...then I couldn't picture him as the lead anymore, I definitely can see Boyd as Quinn and think this is gonna make his career take off

Huggs

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Jun 29, 2018, 11:02:09 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 29, 2018, 10:55:34 PM
Agreed

Oh I know he's a beast and is serious as hell, but once I read the script and saw Rory casted and then the other Loonies...then I couldn't picture him as the lead anymore, I definitely can see Boyd as Quinn and think this is gonna make his career take off

Yep. I wasn't insinuating that Boyd's character is a beast, merely that Benicio can play the heck out of one, and that's why it wasn't a good fit for him. I do hope that this movie opens up an opportunity for him to be in a future installment though. If we can get a real dark take on the predator someday, he'd be perfect for it. Hey, maybe somebody could get Fincher to make a predator film.  :D

Scorpio

I'll give Boyd a chance, I don't think he is that great in Logan, one of the weakest parts of that otherwise good movie, but maybe he can do better with a different script.  Benicio probably would have been better though, all depends on the script.

Whos_Nick

If anything was gonna make Boyd's career take off it would've been Logan

The Old One

The Old One

Boyd was good in Logan, his demise was weak.

EuanDewar

Del Toro has done quite well in some pretty funny/lighter roles before. The Usual Suspects, The Way of the Gun, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas etc etc. To say he couldn't have fit in tone wise is underselling him, I think.

yautjapet

I really like the idea of Benicio in a Predator movie - but perhaps that's my bias in that I'd enjoy a serious, gritty tone!

Wysps

Quote from: yautjapet on Jul 02, 2018, 05:31:35 PM
I really like the idea of Benicio in a Predator movie - but perhaps that's my bias in that I'd enjoy a serious, gritty tone!

I'd be down for a really gritty, dark Predator movie also. I can totally see Del Toro making that role come alive. This script though...idk...not that I question his talent. If I see Del Toro in a movie, I want to see him in his element  ;)

PredBabe

PredBabe

Can we have Michael Madsen in there for some form of tough guy comic relief?

Since The Hateful Eight, I've loved the idea of him in a Preddy flick.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 02, 2018, 07:12:50 PM
Can we have Michael Madsen in there for some form of tough guy comic relief?

Since The Hateful Eight I've lived the idea of him in a Preddy flick.

It would be tough to ignore his role from species. It would feel like a crossover.

Although I would love to hear 5 minutes of him yelling at somebody to nail the door shut with a predator on their tail.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed