Let`s talk about Predator design shell we?

Started by Master, Jun 17, 2018, 08:10:00 PM

Do you like new Predator design?

Hell Yeah, thats da change we need! Everything super cool, bla bla bla... (groupies)
3 (3.6%)
Yes, I like those deigns. (positive)
31 (37.3%)
Yes, I like some of those designs. (mostly positive)
22 (26.5%)
I don`t love them, nor hate them. (indifferent)
15 (18.1%)
I don`t like some of those designs. (mostly negative)
2 (2.4%)
I don`t like those designs. (negative)
8 (9.6%)
That`s bullshit, worst designs ever made! My childhood is ruined, bla bla bla... (haters)
2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author
Let`s talk about Predator design shell we? (Read 30,415 times)

yautjapet

yautjapet

I don't loathe Captured's armor but I don't like it, either. It's sleek and modern, while I prefer the earthy tribal look. If he was some kind of "military/cop" pred I could understand the armor, but from what I'm aware, that doesn't seem to be the case. He does seem on the short side to me.

My opinion on Upgrade's overall existence and the "DNA" plot thing is negative, but I'm pretty indifferent as far as looking at his design objectively.

The idea of predators wearing human military gear rubs me the wrong way. It's hard for me to imagine them lowering themselves to that, and I just don't like how it looks. But I'm trying to withhold judgement until I see the circumstances and context.

Scorpio

You've got a point about the camo gear.  Question is why would they need camo when they have invisibility cloak?  Surely having cloaking is better than camo.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 20, 2018, 01:02:03 AM
You've got a point about the camo gear.  Question is why would they need camo when they have invisibility cloak?  Surely having cloaking is better than camo.

It's possible a lot of their gear was damaged or lost for some reason. Script was pretty vague on that.

Quote from: yautjapet on Jun 19, 2018, 11:10:25 PM
The idea of predators wearing human military gear rubs me the wrong way. It's hard for me to imagine them lowering themselves to that, and I just don't like how it looks. But I'm trying to withhold judgement until I see the circumstances and context.

I'm still not sure what the writer was thinking.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 20, 2018, 04:55:34 AM

It's possible a lot of their gear was damaged or lost for some reason. Script was pretty vague on that.

Seems like a pretty reasonable explanation to me. I wonder if it's handled at all in the film. It's not something I've asked.

von

von

Quote from: yautjapet on Jun 19, 2018, 11:10:25 PM

I'm still not sure what the writer was thinking.

i assume those 2 preds would have to make do with whatever they've got, considering how long they've been detached from their homeworld and without the conveniences of advanced weaponry and gear (hell, their equipment could be out of battery by now lol). they're kinda like scavenging at this point. i can dig that. you could be the richest and most powerful man but when you've stuck in a third world country, you've got to make do with what's at your disposal

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 20, 2018, 07:28:49 AM

Seems like a pretty reasonable explanation to me. I wonder if it's handled at all in the film. It's not something I've asked.

Yet they do have masks on. More and more I think  those mask are thesame cause they are earth made. Friendlies got theirs from  military and Captured took his from Stargazer.

germanator2

They're fine. And I'm glad they're going for something different and moving away from the original Predator design, but they're still to clean and shiny. And a big part missing from them is a tribal element to them and their gear and what they wear.

Scorpio

Well the tribal thing, they have different tribes, so makes sense they would look different.  Think of different human tribes in history.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 21, 2018, 09:01:11 AM
Well the tribal thing, they have different tribes, so makes sense they would look different.  Think of different human tribes in history.
Thing is, since P2 we only seen rehashes of P1 and the other design elements were generic and shared through all members of their tribes except for their helmets.

And over time, they didn't bother with them looking like a character, but an overly polished version of it.

I'm ready for this film to crack that narrative of a unified race open and allow for more diversity.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on Jun 20, 2018, 07:25:48 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 20, 2018, 07:28:49 AM

Yet they do have masks on. More and more I think  those mask are thesame cause they are earth made. Friendlies got theirs from  military and Captured took his from Stargazer.

I don't think so because in the teaser we can see the same mask damaged by the crash of the captured pred, which means he came to earth with it.

acrediblesource

Anyone else getting a real TMNT(reboot) vibe with the mutant predator and the superhero type predator? Thinking this is gonna be iffy

426Buddy

426Buddy

No not feelin that at all actually.

Good or bad this doesnt feel like a paper thin and vapid michael bay type film. I wouldnt expect as much from shane black either

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jun 24, 2018, 02:03:17 PM
Anyone else getting a real TMNT(reboot) vibe with the mutant predator and the superhero type predator? Thinking this is gonna be iffy

Personally i don't.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 24, 2018, 02:26:49 PM
No not feelin that at all actually.

Good or bad this doesnt feel like a paper thin and vapid michael bay type film. I wouldnt expect as much from shane black either

I agree. It seems that a lot of people don't know what shane black do.

Hollywood

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jun 24, 2018, 02:03:17 PM
Anyone else getting a real TMNT(reboot) vibe

Nope

OpenMaw

Even with all my reservations, I can definitely say that's a nope also.

Firstly the good and the bad are separated by technicality, honestly. The Captured Predator is still butcherin' humans.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed