Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 91,550 times)

First Blood

Shane Black to direct a Predator film.

Gotta let that sink in for a bit.

Holy shit, yes.

ShadowPred

Cus he wrote MONSTER SQUAD. The greatest Universal Monster movie ever made. It's what Van Helsing with Hugh Jackman tried to be!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 24, 2014, 08:19:54 PM
Cus he wrote MONSTER SQUAD. The greatest Universal Monster movie ever made. It's what Van Helsing with Hugh Jackman tried to be!

>now on my to-watch list

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Cue in Predator is actually an actor in a suit playing the part of an alien hunter.

Blacklabel

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 24, 2014, 07:52:30 PM
This is the best damn news anyone here could have heard about a reboot of this movie. If this info is legit, then god damn yes f**king make it now!

ZYES!!!!!!!1

ZYESSS!!!!!!!!11111

This franchise is in REALLY good hands now. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs#ws

SpaceMarines

I don't understand why the term "reboot" is being thrown around (as the Predator franchise has no overarching story to speak of), but Shane Black at the helm instantly makes me excited. Or at the very least, coloured a shade of intrigued.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jun 24, 2014, 08:21:28 PM
Cue in Predator is actually an actor in a suit playing the part of an alien hunter.

:o

Valaquen

Shane also did uncredited rewrites on the original movie. We're quoting a lot of his dialogue, 'round these parts.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 24, 2014, 08:25:47 PM
Shane also did uncredited rewrites on the original movie. We're quoting a lot of his dialogue, 'round these parts.

I've never been totally clear on that. In one of the behind the scenes things he talks about how they brought him in, put him in the flick, and it was under the intent to have him do a rewrite, but that ultimately they just went back to what was more-or-less originally planned anyway.

I would love to know what some of his work was on the script, though.  :)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Iron Man 3 wasn't really too praised by critics and almost universally despised by fans, I hope the same doesn't follow here. A reboot of a franchise I like means instant worry for me. As long as it doesn't contradict and it respects the original films, I'll keep an open mind. I was hoping for a Predators Part II, as I think there was still more story to tell there. Writer of Robocop 3 is also a pretty bad sign as well. Can't say I'm too excited about this news from the initial info.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 24, 2014, 08:23:01 PM
I don't understand why the term "reboot" is being thrown around (as the Predator franchise has no overarching story to speak of), but Shane Black at the helm instantly makes me excited. Or at the very least, coloured a shade of intrigued.

I think it's just not acknowledging Predator, P2, PS. To start clean without having to give exposition that This happened in a jungle in the 80's too.

Nightmare Asylum

I think people are looking into the reboot thing a bit too much. It's probably just going to be another movie with the Predator with no explicit connection to the previous films. All three current films pretty much stand on their own as well.

ShadowPred

Frank Miller was involved with the writing. There was no saving that movie.

THUS

ALL BLAME GOES TO MILLER

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!!!

First Blood

hfeldhaus

Iron man 3 was okay but I love Black's style. Like to see arnie back in some role. f**k rebooting it bit don't do what predators did and remake it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed