Aliens FPS possibly been shown at E3

Started by Yautja, Jul 04, 2007, 07:51:00 PM

Author
Aliens FPS possibly been shown at E3 (Read 8,067 times)

Yautja

Yautja

On the Gearbox forums someone asked

"Will Aliens feature at E3 this year?"

In which Scott Velasquez, a programmer on the Aliens FPS responded

"Good question  ;)"   

Which gives the impression that there is a chance it wil be shown in some form at E3.

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=64726

CELTICPRED

I want to see something.

Corporal Hicks

I doubt they'll have much to show us. Maybe a pre-rendered trailer.

fluxcap

As long as its not like that embarrassing vid of some guy playing Aliens: Colonial Marines from E3 a few years back.

Cellien

Being in the game industry myself (/shameless plug).. that response is almost a guarantee that it will be at E3.  :)  Though I don't think you have to be in the industry to figure that out lol.  But I just had to act cool and say it anyways.   8)

Darkness

I can't see it myself. They'd be still in pre-production so the most they'd have is some artwork.

Cellien

Quote from: Darkness on Jul 06, 2007, 04:51:07 PM
I can't see it myself. They'd be still in pre-production so the most they'd have is some artwork.

Doubt they show much either.. But Sega will like to boast what they are working on.

fluxcap

I can see it now, a sign that says 'Aliens' and coming soon printed beneath it.

Cellien

Quote from: fluxcap on Jul 06, 2007, 07:28:02 PM
I can see it now, a sign that says 'Aliens' and coming soon printed beneath it.

Probably lol.. I went in 2005, and for Quake Wars they just had a big industrial looking thing that held a plasma screen that was playing a video with a sign on the top that said simply "Quake Wars" if I remember correctly.  But, Sega may announce something on the net about it, and release media.  Who knows..

Corporal Hicks

GS: Well, back to Western publishers. How are the two Aliens games coming along?

SJ: Again, neither will be shown at the E3 this year, but it's an incredibly exciting project. We're working very closely with [film studio 20th Century] Fox to make the launch of those games feel actually like a new Aliens movie is coming out, because the investment and the passion that's going into them from Gearbox, Obsidian, and from Sega itself are just really, really cool and very, very exciting. But I probably don't want to say anything more than that at this point in time.

GS: Are they going to be released around the same time as each other, or is that still up in air?

SJ: It's still to be announced.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6173898&pid=938799&tag=updates;title;0

Cellien

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 10, 2007, 11:00:43 AM
GS: Well, back to Western publishers. How are the two Aliens games coming along?

SJ: Again, neither will be shown at the E3 this year, but it's an incredibly exciting project. We're working very closely with [film studio 20th Century] Fox to make the launch of those games feel actually like a new Aliens movie is coming out, because the investment and the passion that's going into them from Gearbox, Obsidian, and from Sega itself are just really, really cool and very, very exciting. But I probably don't want to say anything more than that at this point in time.

GS: Are they going to be released around the same time as each other, or is that still up in air?

SJ: It's still to be announced.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6173898&pid=938799&tag=updates;title;0

Nice find.. So wonder what this means in relation to the movie release.

Redfield

what year are they coming out?

beranmee

2009  >:(

severen76

:'( That's way to long

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed