AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 325,557 times)

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Amazing fan film, good job. I can only imagine how epic it'd be if it was turned into a feature film though.....But FOX has no brain... ::)

SiL

SiL

Finished part 2.

Really impressed with the feel of the whole thing, although the Aliens are kind'a ... massively shafted.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: SiL on May 16, 2010, 01:58:44 AM
Finished part 2.

Really impressed with the feel of the whole thing, although the Aliens are kind'a ... massively shafted.

Spoiler
I did think it was funny when the Predator ran from them when he first saw them. But yes they were given the shaft.
[close]

SiL

SiL

Spoiler
I realise that due to how the fights were done, making a single long fight would take forever, but making the Predator/PredAlien fight more substantial, maybe dropping the marine, and not having the Queen fight at the end would've fixed some pacing issues. Or maybe PredAlien fight goes a bit longer, Pred gets more hurt, Pred has a bit of a fight with the marine, marine blows himself up, and the Pred is impaled by debris when he lands in the Queen's chamber
[close]

All up, though, I really liked it.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Is the whole thing 22 minutes long, with the video displayed in the news section being the complete one?

SiL

SiL

Yes, yes it is.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

My only real issue with the Aliens is that they spent a lot of time doing nothing when they could've been killing the shit out of Predalex. One got its arms cut off and didn't even give a shit, so it's not as if the film downplayed their resilience or anything, but the fights with the Alien warriors would've been improved a lot if they had been less of a case of the Aliens waiting for Predalex to choose how to kill them.

It would be better dramatically to allow the Aliens to get the upper hand and then have Predalex pull some act of cleverness or ruthlessness out of nowhere. Or even if the Aliens fought well, but Predalex was just a step ahead all the time.

I really like the Predalien fight, especially when
Spoiler
Predalex impales its head with the thing's own tail... and then it gets up.
[close]
Good work on the Predalien design, too.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Fine job good sir. 8)

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Hey guys, you where wondering who that szuran dude was, well I was reading the comments about the AVP Redemption's release, and his name did come up.

Quoteszuran | 15 May 2010 16:18
It sucks. The pacing is non-existent (there's a sudden jump from "it's calm" to "shit hits the fan"), there's no plot, there's no hero I can relate to, so I don't give a crap about anything. CGI is very poor (texture resolutions would be considered low even in 1999), animation is laughable, and the photography, along with lighting, is amateurish. Oh, and did I mention Predator's chicken legs? Come on...

I know this is a fan film made by one person only, but still – it's so bad I want my 20 minutes of life back

Frankly, I don't blame Alex for wanting this guy to piss off. theres no valuable Critique, its not even an F**king review. he's just putting Alex and his movie down for no apparent reason. obviously he's jealous cause he's not Talented or as willing as Alex is to make a fan film.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

So far getting good reception apart from those that can't get passed it being a fan film

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on May 16, 2010, 07:39:01 AM
Obviously he's jealous cause he's not Talented or as willing as Alex is to make a fan film.

Yes, exactly. This is the reason.
The shortfilm is very OK.

Bender1988

Bender1988

This is definetly better than AvP and AvP:R

It looks like it is made for fans.

Just awesome.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

loved it, brilliant  ending which puts shame on both AvP movies,
Spoiler
the only gripe i have is seeing the predators communicate which to me makes it look too geeky like star wars and startrek keep the creatures a mystery.
[close]

Moody

Moody

For a fan film it's pretty awsome. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Re: Story comments. The film was from the POV of the Predator. To carry a more substantial story on that, you'd have to have some kind of voiceover or maybe more going on to make it interesting. Only other way we'd have had a story would be through inclusion of more human characters and that would make or break it for people based on that actors skills.

To compare Redemption's downfalls to SEED is over-the-top. S.E.E.D failed more so on it's editing during the second half of the movie and it's actors skills. I couldn't hell what the flip was happening with SEED. With Redemption, I just think it was basic and I think for being a 20 minute long fanfilm, it carried it well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed