AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 325,569 times)

SiL

SiL

It makes no sense. They're already armoured.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Feb 03, 2009, 11:26:02 PM
It makes no sense. They're already armoured.
They have a hard outer shell, but i wouldn't call it armour.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Quote from: War Wager on Jan 31, 2009, 01:43:27 PM
But dreads clearly aren't like mammal hair, they're tube-like. And assuming Preds don't really need to keep they're head warm, the dreads must serve another purpose.

Actually, in War, one of the AVP novels, its explained that pred hair actually is like mammal hair. One of their manhood rituals is the excruciatingly painful permanent braiding of the hair, after which it is bound up in the tentacle-ish things that we've always seen, which are evidently some kind of plastic-y material. Very, very EU but it works for me.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Actually, in War, one of the AVP novels, its explained that pred hair actually is like mammal hair.
Actually, the novels aren't canon, good that it works for you but i go with what we've seen in the movies, which is they don't have hair but tubes running out of their skulls.

Predators with normal hair is even more ridiculous then all the concept art where Predators have tits.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Predators do have normal hair. What do you call those little strands growing on their face? They're not spikes.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I always imagined them to be sensory organs, not hair. Unfortunatley, there is nothing to base this on.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuotePredators do have normal hair. What do you call those little strands growing on their face?
I would call them spikes yes. They are robust, if they would be normal hair they would behave like normal hair (like flopping, or moving because of wind) but they seem to stick where they are even if the Predator moves fast.

There is no indication to not call them spikes.

But we are way off topic here, this thread is for Redemption.

Nobody

Nobody

Actually, I wish the AvP movies were not considered canon in any ways.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

In any way? Well, i'm not sure if this is true or not, but someone once said that Anderson said that his film was based on an alternate universe.

Are there any behind the scenes snippets of this movie besides the trailer...or are all we have are pics?

War Wager

War Wager

Anderson did want his movie and the others to coexist. He goes on about how Charles Weyland is the founder of modern robotics, further down the line when androids are created, they use his face etc.

Anyways, Redemption.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well that explains that...anyway, my question still stands! lol...i'll go check around.

War Wager

War Wager

It's a fair enough question, most people tend to regard it as nothing to do with the other movies. As for me, I think it's solid enough fit in with the timeline.

About the PredAlien Alex, what vocals will you be giving it? I've always like the 'clicking screech' the Burster had at the end of AvP.

alexpj19

alexpj19

not sure about Predaliens vocals yet, may be even mix some metallic scratch sound in the voice. as for now im working on last few shots leading to the fight with predalien, also working on choreography.  "Scott" will be using his spear to fight, but i dont want it to look like AVPRs  end fight even i liked some parts of it, im working on something new right now. :)

War Wager

War Wager

Hmm, so that means the Preds gonna kick ass and every Aliens a gonna die then. :-\

alexpj19

alexpj19

well predator will kick some aliens asses , but it doesnt mean its gonna be easy, he'll get slapped around a few times too :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed