Engineer and LV223 atmosphere

Started by whiterabbit, Jun 19, 2012, 01:26:40 AM

Author
Engineer and LV223 atmosphere (Read 6,195 times)

whiterabbit

Something just struck me, why did the Engineer remove his suit if the planets air is deadly to humans? I only bring this up because wouldn't it have been better to have seen a live engineer in the suit? Squidy could have then removed the suit for him. I suppose maybe the air used to be breathable but lol engineers may not be so bright if he just ran out into that toxic atmosphere like that. I guess he also held his breath the entire way to the life boat. No wonder he was beat down by a small girl with an ax.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

It does seem odd - just another of the many inconsistencies that exist solely to service the plot I guess. However we have no idea whether the atmosphere is dangerous to the Engineers because we know nothing about them...

...apart from their DNA, which is identical to ours.

f**k it, buggered if I know. ;)

TheDamnSheep

They could very easily have altered their bodies in some way to cope with the atmosphere.

Or surgically implanted themselves with a device that filters air.

Or he could have just held his f**king breath.

Alienseseses

Maybe he held his breath.
Maybe his biomech suit that's bonded to him deals with it.
Maybe he wore the mask up until he got to the escape pod and disposed of it when he got inside.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 19, 2012, 01:59:51 AM
Maybe he wore the mask up until he got to the escape pod and disposed of it when he got inside.
Yes there's lots of ways that it could be explained but I just don't seen why he wouldn't have been in the jockey suit. Did Ridley and crew run out of money? It seems like another excellent shot that was discarded.

I guess we're just lucky he didn't dawn a red cape with a huge yellow S...

Highland

Highland

I brought this up in the plot holes thread. I think it's just another inconsistency.

You have the whole "clean air inside" - "Helmets inside" hologram thing contradicting each other.

They might have been trying to avoid the "Predator removes mask" scene comparison.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 19, 2012, 02:13:08 AM
Yes there's lots of ways that it could be explained but I just don't seen why he wouldn't have been in the jockey suit. Did Ridley and crew run out of money? It seems like another excellent shot that was discarded.

To me it looked like the Jockey suit was part of the pilot seat that folded down when he sat in it. Ergo, not easily and quickly removable.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well he could have held his breath. Ford did say you'd have 2 minutes so I figure a jockey has bigger lungs and could have held his breath for longer.

Alienseseses

Quote from: BLAIN on Jun 19, 2012, 02:30:45 AM

To me it looked like the Jockey suit was part of the pilot seat that folded down when he sat in it. Ergo, not easily and quickly removable.
But we saw all of those dead jockeys in suits.

So either this particular suit was a chair-only thing, or it was damaged.

BANE

BANE

Ah yes, true, true. I don't know how I forgot that.  ???
Nonetheless, there are numerous ways he could have done it even without the suit.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 19, 2012, 02:33:46 AM
Quote from: BLAIN on Jun 19, 2012, 02:30:45 AM

But we saw all of those dead jockeys in suits.

So either this particular suit was a chair-only thing, or it was damaged.
Wasn't the four suits still there when Shaw finds Davids head?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I don't remember there being any suits in there.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jun 19, 2012, 02:41:28 AM
I don't remember there being any suits in there.
In the short hallway between the door and jockey room. I assumed four suits for four cyrotubes.

BANE

BANE

I thought those were just statues. But they could have been suits I guess. Either way, it wouldn't have affected the outcome.

Face Jockey

Face Jockey

I assumed the suits in the hallway/inside the ship were supposed to mirror the unused hard shell space suits displayed on the Prometheus and visually re-enforce the idea that that part of the caves was actually part of a ship.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed