News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 561,570 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Glaive on Jun 26, 2016, 05:01:21 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 26, 2016, 04:20:34 PM

Also, a little bird told me you may (or may not) have obtained a possible early Prometheus II/Alien: Covenant draft?

Legit?

Don't be RIDICULOUS!!!

...it was actually "Alien: Paradise Lost"

Sounds like he may have gotten hold of a Jack Palgen draft back when it was still just Prometheus II.

Somebody wake up Hicks!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 26, 2016, 04:20:34 PM
I was actually referring to the crew members. The Prometheus leaks mostly came from insiders working on the film didn't it?

I can't speak as to the other sites but mine came from people who had access to the set but didn't work on the film.

QuoteAlso, a little bird told me you may (or may not) have obtained a possible early Prometheus II/Alien: Covenant draft?

Legit?

I have recently read a script with the title Prometheus 2. I've been trying to verify it's authenticity (or it's complete fakeness) but have been unable to so far.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It's going to be tricky to verify. No-one currently working on the film will confirm it either way or even touch it. What format is it? Can you check the embedded date of the document, the author, title and subject?

Corporal Hicks

What I have is the supposed first draft. I'm trying to check with the crew the date that draft was completed. Unfortunately it seems to pre-date anyone's involvement. I'm going to write up an article detailing it and I'm either going to have to take a risk on posting it or not. We'll see. I've still got a few feelers left out there that haven't returned yet so we'll see.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Upload it to the downloads page with the other scripts. Just mark it as "unverified".

When you get a C&D from Fox you'll know it's for real.

zuzuki

QuoteAlso, a little bird told me you may (or may not) have obtained a possible early Prometheus II/Alien: Covenant draft?

Legit?

I have recently read a script with the title Prometheus 2. I've been trying to verify it's authenticity (or it's complete fakeness) but have been unable to so far.
[/quote]

If the script winds up online on other sites and more people get to see the chances are it will be a fake script done by somebody who is eager to spread it as much as possible.

If you bare the only one who has it and you don't see movement anywhere else, then the chances are it's legit.

Ussualy the fanboys who write fanfiction want it spread as much ass possible, so if someone like that sent you the script and sees you are not posting it, then they'll try to spread it in some other way.

Glaive

Script leak?...the plot thickens...

I'LL DRINK TO THAT!!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: zuzuki on Jun 26, 2016, 05:39:17 PM
If you bare the only one who has it and you don't see movement anywhere else, then the chances are it's legit.

Ussualy the fanboys who write fanfiction want it spread as much ass possible, so if someone like that sent you the script and sees you are not posting it, then they'll try to spread it in some other way.

Good point.

From personal experience, the shooting script typically has the person to whom it was given, name watermarked diagonally across the page. It may also have a digital watermark if it isn't a scanned document. But a first draft might not have that since very few people will ever handle that document.

BishopShouldGo

I'm guessing Paglen's draft is xenomorph-free?

oduodu

Whoa!

Post the script please !

But in all fairness won't Fox be a bit upset  because it might show details of Covenant ? Even if it is a bit removed from the shooting script?

So I guess verifying its authenticity might be prudent. As is the case. So if its real its likely that Fox won't allow it.

Hope I  am wrong!

Stolen

Certainly a first version (if it's true), and there must be more than 25 rewrites since ...
But don't read, it can give indications of the final result.

BishopShouldGo

I have a feeling Paglen's draft has nothing to do with what the final film shaped into.

oduodu

Sure but it might give clues to some fundamental plot elements.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 26, 2016, 07:38:01 PM
I have a feeling Paglen's draft has nothing to do with what the final film shaped into.

It bears zero resemblance to what we know of Covenant.

oduodu

Then post it !!!

LOL!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed