AvP Article in Sci-Fi Magazine

Started by Darkness, Jun 22, 2004, 09:44:59 PM

Author
AvP Article in Sci-Fi Magazine (Read 29,249 times)

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

Comics are not reliable, Aliens vs Angels, C'mon!!

Winston

Winston

I'm not talking about the Comics such as Pred VS Judge Dred im talking about the 200page BOOKS!! ther are about 14 of them, they all explain alot

Winston

Winston

The books are way more reliable then the movies

Winston

Winston

i am sitting here at work and i am really feaking boared. lets argue some more   ???  

roger that

roger that

RotaderP, you have sum wise words there.  lets not make this too science. it is much fascinating when we let something unexplained. it keeps the tension.

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

Oh, books cool, This is strange, some of you once said 'Comics and games are b*llshit it's all got nothing to with the franchise, but why is the predalien a serious mather you al want it in the movie, but predaliens are from the games and the comic's So i dont get it.   ;)  

Barreth

Barreth

Well personally...  I like the way the preds are protrayed in movies rather than books... taking a bath in boiling water and dodging bullets just doesnt strike me as too reaistic... he's not Neo... and this isnt the matrix...   Just think it's better if he has more earthly qualities... rather than godlike qualities...

Cetanu

Cetanu

LOL..Barreth, you crack me up. Anyhow, about the boiling water. It just proves of how heat resistant a Yautja is. I mean, c'mon, their homeworld Praedra (Pray - Dra) has an annual average temp of well over 150 degrees so, they've built up quite a resistance to any form of extreme heat. Also, dont worry, I didn't go to Praedra and take instrument measurements lol, but, this is all very credible info from books and websites. Also, about the syringe. Take into consideration the Yautja's supreme technology. Perhaps they had to develop a really advanced sharpness to the syringe to just allow it to penetrate. Take into account of how strong a Yautja is. He was pushing on that syringe when it penetrated. If it was a human trying to stab him with it, it may not have gone through since he would be considerably physically weaker. But you're right in the fact of how the flesh gave way when it went through, made it look rather soft.

Barreth

Barreth

Glad I can be entertaining Cetanu  I just like to play the devils advocate... I neither agree nor disagree with any of the statements you've made. just makes it more interesting to look at both points of view  Anyways, I'm outta here for the day... later boys

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

150 degrees?! Really? No way, It must be maximum 60 degrees man! no life-from could survive that! 150 degrees? Than they should die in the temple of the colds. It's like -20 or something in the temple. taht boiled water, hmmm i shower at with te heat button full open and a quarter spin of the cold, that's hot too, but Yautja are reptiles and reptiles are cold-blooded that means the adept of they'r enviormental temp. So maybe they could resist boiled water.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Its just funny to me how you guys give these facts like the pred is and actual real creature,    ???   and Cetanu , just because some jabroni put in his book the the pred homeworld is called praedra and that the temp is 150 degrees is not fact those are his OWN ideas incorperated into the story HE made up.You guys crack me up, you guys take in all this info from numerous different writer then regurgitate it back up like you reading from the pred boble or pred insiclapedia for cripes sake, pretty lame if you ask me

RotaderP

RotaderP

Barreth looks like I struck a nerve. You're right it is a fan site but ya gotta admit, I had a good point. Some people take it too far. I have never laughed so hard than when I read what you wrote. Ok I'm retarded. Oh and you say I am hiding behind a computer, then what the f**k are you using to access this site smart guy. I'm just keeping it real, besides it's all in fun. I hope I never run into you. You probably are ripped out from all the jerking off and reading comic books, and the video game playing is probably made you completely insane. YUP!    :D     :D     ;D     ;D  For real though you guys are awesome.

RotaderP

RotaderP

Bringer of Death you rule!!

roger that

roger that

screw the comics, screw the books.  they all are messed up when AVP (and possible P3) movie comes. same thing happened to terminator and aliens.   150 degrees and predator homeplanet.. oh man. whos the president of predator-land then? do they have zoo's there?

Variable

Variable

I have been watching from the side lines watching all of you bicker and it is quite amusing. How you know that preds can withstand boiling water is beyond me but I di think the predators have though skin. If not explain why during the DVD chapter the Subway Assasin does the predator keep coming at Bill Paxton. I dont take the books as serious as Cetanu or Winston but they where interesting and was a different outlook but the movies is what I go by. You guys that sit there and read them over and over and then sleep and then they read them again and again my hats are off to you. You are true fans. Strange but true fans and rock on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed