Cold Iron Teases New Alien Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 15, 2023, 03:20:24 PM

Author
Cold Iron Teases New Alien Game (Read 6,532 times)

Corporal Hicks

xShadowFoxX

If it's a single player Alien game, I'm in.

BenditlikeBeckum

If this new game is built upon the same team building, squad tactical, in a semi-realistic sci-fi horror, I'm all in.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Would be very happy with Fireteam 2, with new campaigns and updated graphics.

Slutty Badger

Ooh, mysterious! Fireteam Elite ended on somewhat of a cliffhanger, so it'd be cool to get a continuation and go to guns with Hyperdyne.

Corporal Hicks

While I'm extremely confident this certainly is a new Alien game, if it ends up being a Fireteam 2 I'm a little surprised. I know they had originally planned a lot more extra story content for Fireteam than we've got so it makes some sense they might put that all together for an actual Fireteam 2, rather than more content.

But I'd also love to see something completely new. I know a lot of people have been wanting playable Aliens again so that would be interesting to see return.

Slutty Badger

As long as it isn't completely broken on release and actually works *cough* Dark Descent *cough* then great.

Predatorium

Dark Descent wasn't broken on release, that's a bit harsh. I played through the entire campaign with only a few bugs and it was great.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, Dark Descent wasn't broken. Some people experienced a bug that stopped a level progression but that was very quickly patched out. Everyone else has been minor.

Still Collating...

Dark Descent wasn't completely broken, at least on PC. Worked just fine for most people, that's why it has mostly positive reviews. 86% on Steam, while Fireteam has 78%. Fireteam has been out longer, so that isn't fair, but the same then goes for bugs. Fireteam had numerous bugs at launch, floating Aliens going through the floor, the game breaking bug of a stuck Alien that meant you had to restart the whole mission and waste our precious cards. And after a year of being out, when they added crossplay, it worked horribly at first, with so much lag and constant disconnects. And that's more than a year after launch. Now I know why they didn't have that at launch, since they weren't able to implement it well even later.

Both Dark Descent and Fireteam had a lot of bugs at launch and still have bugs. Dark Descent seems to have more problems on consoles for now unfortunately. But both games, on PC at least, were not completely broken on release and are both playable now for most users on PC at least. 

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

Im wondering what they possibly will do with Mr. Beat and Alphalpha. Asides from maybe ping a spot and have them two fight for the ping spot, maybe allowing you to set their Classes onboard the endeavor? Then maybe they will take on a more dominant role in an offline campaign since classes might be able to offer more gadgets and such.

Either way, like Corp Hicks pointed out, it doesn't make sense to make another Aliens product based on one engine you already own (and so quickly since the release of the other). So chances are it will be a DLC...possibly another paid one and with a full campaign like pathogen if not more than one since they had to make a press release about it.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Do we expect an announcement soon?

Buckchops

Buckchops

How about building off of Fireteam and making it sandbox-style like GTA? That'd be hella fun to do in the Aliens universe...especially with vehicles.

Thatguy2068

If it a action/horror game like dead space I'm in

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: BenditlikeBeckum on Sep 18, 2023, 12:12:00 PMIm wondering what they possibly will do with Mr. Beat and Alphalpha. Asides from maybe ping a spot and have them two fight for the ping spot, maybe allowing you to set their Classes onboard the endeavor? Then maybe they will take on a more dominant role in an offline campaign since classes might be able to offer more gadgets and such.
Maybe this and we can set skins for the android, maybe something edgy? PlS I want this skin to be available.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed