Dead by Daylight - ALIEN chapter

Started by PAS Spinelli, Aug 01, 2023, 03:09:16 PM

Author
Dead by Daylight - ALIEN chapter (Read 24,132 times)

PAS Spinelli

I won

Kailem

Kailem

It finally happened!

With all the big hints that had been lining up, it was more than likely either going to be Alien or Jason Voorhees that came with this update, since Behaviour said this and the next one would be big licences, and Alien is about the biggest horror icon not already in the game. So this is great!

They've already confirmed this chapter is going to feature a killer and survivor, so it's likely we'll get Ripley with this too; and a Nostromo/Hadley's Hope mash-up map too potentially, by the looks of it!

The only downside is I already spent half my auric cells on Nicholas Cage! Oh well, guess I'll just have to use moneypoints for this when it comes out later this month.

BlueMarsalis79

I want AlienĀ³ rep.

Nightmare Asylum

Cute. Definitely seems to have the look/tone down.

Good thing I grabbed Dead By Daylight a couple months back.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 01, 2023, 04:05:28 PMI want AlienĀ³ rep.

Luckily since Alien is one of those franchises where every entry has only ever been made by the same studio I'd say there's a good chance they should be able to get some Alien 3 Runner customisation options in there. It's not like Halloween or Texas Chainsaw Massacre where a bunch of movies were made by different studios so they don't have the rights to certain looks. So hopefully with Alien they'll be able to do as much as they like.

xShadowFoxX

I'm gonna be that guy and skip this because I stopped playing DbD over a year ago and I have no intention of going back to it. I would love to see that Friday the 13th/Hunting Grounds format applied to a stand alone Alien game, however.

MattFiler

Oh my - that environment looks incredible!

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Aug 01, 2023, 04:43:58 PMI'm gonna be that guy and skip this because I stopped playing DbD over a year ago and I have no intention of going back to it. I would love to see that Friday the 13th/Hunting Grounds format applied to a stand alone Alien game, however.
That did not work well for Predator

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

Everyone does know its for "Dead by Daylight" right? and DbD looks nothing like that. So  you got a cinematic trailer  fellers. Granted, they might be using an identical map from isolation since their Resident Evil DLC had the same map from one of the games but its horribly lit.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 01, 2023, 05:30:27 PM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Aug 01, 2023, 04:43:58 PMI'm gonna be that guy and skip this because I stopped playing DbD over a year ago and I have no intention of going back to it. I would love to see that Friday the 13th/Hunting Grounds format applied to a stand alone Alien game, however.
That did not work well for Predator

Hey, Hunting Grounds kept me around a lot longer than Fireteam Elite. It just lacks a constant flow of content and variety.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: BenditlikeBeckum on Aug 01, 2023, 06:15:23 PMEveryone does know its for "Dead by Daylight" right? and DbD looks nothing like that. So  you got a cinematic trailer  fellers. Granted, they might be using an identical map from isolation since their Resident Evil DLC had the same map from one of the games but its horribly lit.
We are all very aware this in for Dead By Daylight, we have been discussing the possible inclusion of Alien in it for the past 6 months

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah but you can go back to Aliens Fireteam Elite, not so with Hunting Grounds though.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 01, 2023, 07:19:40 PMYeah but you can go back to Aliens Fireteam Elite, not so with Hunting Grounds though.

Yea, Hunting Grounds is pretty much dead now. But I'm not a fan of Fireteam Elite. I tried going back in and I just found it really boring.

BenditlikeBeckum

The very fact that you thought that an Alien being integral in the DbD engine makes me cringe. Not in the "game is so scarey and power tripping awesome cringe" but damn , why do you think that it will be any good made me cringe. Much like, why do people still want to mod alien games without a credible ounce of artistic skill type of cringe.

xShadowFoxX

I stopped playing DbD due to lack of variety. I mean it's not lacking in variety in terms of characters and killers, but each map, to me, is essentially the same thing over and over; fix the generators and escape. Don't get me wrong, the game is fun in short bursts but it gets boring very quickly. I would just like different goals, like really change it up now and then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed