Black or Brown?

Started by War Wager, Mar 19, 2007, 10:59:06 PM

In Alien3 and Alien Resurrection they changed their colour tone to brown, what do you think aliens suit more?

Black
32 (84.2%)
Brown
6 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author
Black or Brown? (Read 3,418 times)

War Wager

War Wager

I think black made the aliens more scary and brown more beast-like, but I'm not really sure...

Pax

Pax

Black.

They say nature abhors a vacuum, but the Alien is vacuum hating nature back...

-Pax

Danger Close

Danger Close

BLACK

Meathead320

Meathead320

Jet Black, but a slight tint of blue is good too.

If you notice the A2 Queen, heck even the AVP Queen (and regular Adults as well in AVP) had a slight tint of blue. Like 99% black 1% blue.

SM

SM

While they do appear browner in some shots in Alien3 and Resurrection, they appear black in many shots too - particularly in Resurrection.  Lighting has a lot to do with it.

Darkness

Darkness

Black. I never liked the brownish colour they had in A4.

Vader the White

Vader the White

Brown takes the term "genetic turd" to another level: Color.

War Wager

War Wager

I like both colour tones because I think it suits those particular aliens in those movies (the dog alien in Alien3 looks better with a brown colour)

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Dark_Magician on Mar 20, 2007, 08:48:32 PM
"genetic turd"

I like to take credit for coining the term "GENETIC TURD", as I intended it for the Newborn.

I do have to admit, the brown color of the A:R Aliens and the A3 Alien, combined with how slimy they are, sort of does make them look like "living and organic fluid POOP".

The Jet Black with slight blue tint makes them look more like they are machine and organic.

The Question really boils down to:

What looks better on film; Bio-mechanical monster OR Bio-fecal monster?

SiL

SiL

Genetic turd's been around for yeeeeeeeears :P

Bio-mechanical any day. Ambulatory shits do not a scary monster make.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SiL on Mar 20, 2007, 11:27:17 PM
Genetic turd's been around for yeeeeeeeears :P

I don't care, it's:

"MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE!     MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!MINE! MINE!!!!

Ok, end of typing tantrum. ;D

"Ambulatory shits" LOL

Hankerson

Hankerson

I think that brown (red) worked best for "Alien3" but that there was absolutely no excuse for brown (red) aliens in "Alien: Resurrection". The only reason for brown (red) aliens to be in a film would be so that the original black aliens could kick their *ss'.

Vader the White

Vader the White

Quote from: Meathead320 on Mar 20, 2007, 10:17:26 PM
Quote from: Dark_Magician on Mar 20, 2007, 08:48:32 PM
"genetic turd"

I like to take credit for coining the term "GENETIC TURD", as I intended it for the Newborn.

Hey, I just like using that term. I don't care who gets the credit, I just like saying it and was using it as a perfect reference to the topic.

Newsfop

Newsfop

I vie for the black casing. It's the color that drove the most fear into me when I was a kid.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Black. I don't mind that dark red/brown on the Runner, but I don't like the brown on our warriors/drones. Give me black any day of the week.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed