Alien Virginity

Started by Newsfop, Feb 28, 2007, 07:32:13 PM

Author
Alien Virginity (Read 5,025 times)

Newsfop

Newsfop

Last night I finally got my gal pal to watch Alien for the first time. She's 27 and had never seen it before. She likes to watch scary movies to try to be smarter and more ahead of the story than the characters.

Despite having seen so many things before hand that had lifted inspiration for the original, she was still at times caught up in the story and was often times screaming out, "Kill it! What are you waiting for! KILL IT!!!"

That's good movie making if you come up with something that's almost 30-years old and you can still affect someone as jaded and desensitized as her.

Tell about your first experience in watching the original Alien.

THIS IS MY 100th POST!  8)

Meathead320

Meathead320

I was just a kid, maybe 8 or 9 years old; my parents felt that as long as a movie was not glorifying criminal behavior, I could see scary movies, as long as that was the reason for the R rating.

I actually saw Aliens before I saw Alien, and I remember seeing the Queen being sucked into space, and she was still alive.

I had no idea about timelines, or physics then, and I expected that alien Queen to come crashing down on earth, through my bedroom ceiling.

I stayed up for like two nights just staring at the ceiling.

I saw the original alien shortly after, and that one scared me a lot too. The first Alien did not scare me as much as the Queen, she really got to me, but the original was a very close second.

Alien3 when that came out, I must have been in 6th grade by that time, so I was a little desensitized then, but it still frightened me, this time instead of expecting a giant Queen to fall from the ceiling I had half expected the A3 creature to come running into my room on the floor at 80 miles per hour.

Ohhh, and from about 3rd-6th grade, every time I got the stomach flu at night, I half expected to have a chest burster chew its way out of me.

I was terrified.

They honestly gave me nightmares.

It was Great.

I miss being that scared by a monster movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I first saw Aliens as I became 5. I went on an Aliens based ride the day before my 5th birthday - went to American Adventure as a treat - and I was like cool. Dad said he'd got the video, so we watched it when we got home. I didn't make my way through it. And so, the nightmares began. I saw it partly again when I was 7 or so after asking my dad again.

I finally watched it all the way through when I was 10 when I accidently walked into my dad's room while he was watching it. As soon as I realised what it was, I about faced and was ready to leave. He made me stay and watch the whole film. After it was done, 5 years of nightmares and sleeping on my stomach ended - The obession began. We watched Alien3 later that night.

I also started playing AvPGold. It scared the shit out of me, still does. I started visiting AvPNews and that was when I got onto the online community. I remember actually waiting until I was 12(13?) to sign up to the AvPNews forums.

Aliens was on SkyOne a month or so after, so I taped that. Alien was on another month or so after on Sky Movies Cinema so I stayed up to watch that and taped it. I've still got those tapes actually.

The next year, I got the Alien Legacy boxset which was the first time I saw Resurrection. I tried to stay up for it once, but was told to turn it off - It was a school night and like 10pm!  :o I'm so glad those days are over. Soon after that, I started to make my own website and went down a path that eventually led me to being a mod/staff member on AvPGalaxy.

Darkness

Darkness

Can't remember when I first watched Alien. Must have been about 8 or 9 and it stayed on my mind for a long time. Then when I was about 10, ITV were showing the first three Alien films at midnight on TV over a weekend. I stayed up especially to watch them all. I was even late for school on the Monday morning. The first time I saw A4 was in about '99 when I rented it.

I wanted the Alien Legacy set for a long time after it was released but it was too expensive. Eventually got it in January 2002. I bought the Predator SE DVD later that year and played the AvP2 demo on it. It pretty much blew me away and so I made Galaxy.

I liked the Alien and Predator series for a long time but I was never really a diehard fan until I played AvP2.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's interesting to see where everyone started, to see how their paths crossed and joined together. By this, I talk about the current Galaxy. We both ran rival websites but became friends. Ian joined the community sometime later, and now we're all back together, taking the community by storm.  :P

Hankerson

Hankerson

I first saw "Alien", "Aliens" and "Alien 3", in order, on my thirteenth birthday. The first alien I ever saw was the queen when I was eight; I ran through the living room when it was on, right about the moment the queen came out of the elevator. When I was ten I was entranced by the cobra-alien toy that a friend had.

Needles to say, it felt like I had been waiting a lifetime to see the aliens films; it was like fulfilling a life's goal when I finally sat down and pushed play on "Alien".

Newsfop

Newsfop

Without the company of my dad, I was too afraid to go near it He had Aliens on VHS, and that's what I remember most vividly in my childhood. I had brief recollections of Alien, but it somehow never seemed to come on, and I never had the guts to watch it all by myself. The scariest part to me was the chestburster, and I knew it was the worst in the first one. Then my dad, my sister and I all saw Alien3 in the theater. Us two kids watched in bated, wide-eyed morbid fascination and fear all up until the scene at the end. I don't remember saying anything after that for a good long time. Because of how traumatic the alien franchise had been to me, I refused to go see Resurrection. (In hindsight, I think that's what probably dumped the series.) I didn't watch them all until my dad got the Legacy for his birthday a few years back. And I realized that in the fourth, there wasn't that much to be scared of. The only thing that got me was the cheap scare of the coolant tube flying down from the ceiling in the scene where Elgyn gets punctured. For the longest time following, I've been trying to deny my fascination with it all. AVP came out, and I was once again right back into the unexplainable fanatacism.

Having read everyone's histories on here, I've determined that we're generally all about the same age. As much as we say we love these movies, I believe it's really more about coping with all the childhood trauma and trying to defeat our demons.

SiL

SiL

Saw all of them in a year, but I saw Predator 2 long before, and Predator for the first time in only in 2003.

I read the comics first, cos my brother would get them from the library. Didn't care about the stories or the characters, but I loved the designs of the Aliens.

Then one day in a video shop I saw that they weren't just comics, but movies, too, and my dad said he'd seen Alien and Aliens in cinema on their release. Took me aaaages to convince my dad to let me see 'em. Alien instantly became my favourite movie, I was blown away by Aliens, and I didn't much like the last two movies - Alien 3 had too much swearing, Alien Resurrection was just stupid. Now I think Alien 3 is awesome and Aliens, while good, doesn't appeal much any more.

SM

SM

Read the Alien photonovel shortly before seeing Aliens in 1986.

Vader the White

Vader the White

I know the exact date. 03/06/05. I saw AVP that day. It scared me, but not as much as other things scare me(like the Excorist). Me, it started my obseccion with all things Alien.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Dark_Magician on Mar 04, 2007, 03:21:47 PM
I know the exact date. 03/06/05. I saw AVP that day. It scared me,

AvP scared you?  :o

Vader the White

Vader the White

I'm a coward. I get scared from being startled. But now, not at all(well, from watching AVP). And later, when I saw Res, I wasn't scared at all..

Meathead320

Meathead320

Dark_Magician

Have you seen A1 -A3 yet?

Far grittier movies than A:R and AVP.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, I was just about to ask that myself. Seems like you watched the worst films in the series first.  :P

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I saw the films in order, ALIEN, ALIENS and ALIEN 3, they were showing them on TV in order each day, I think it took 2 weeks before I stoped having nightmares, I never saw a horror film before any ALIEN movies.

I saw ALIEN RESURRECTION on a video that my dad rented from Blockbusters just before it came out on video in 1998 or 1997, or what ever.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed