Origional Chestburster

Started by Grid Alien, May 03, 2007, 12:44:54 AM

Author
Origional Chestburster (Read 2,439 times)

Grid Alien

Grid Alien

I watched the making of Alien today and H.R.Giger's origional chestburster design looked like a deformed two headed chicken. Your comments please

Grid Alien

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Reminded me of the dog thing in The Thing.

SM

SM

My comment is everybody gets gigantic stiffies about Giger, Giger, GIGER  and Roger Dicken gets shortchanged something chronic.

SiL

SiL

Dicken's work on the burster was great. I don't give him much credit for the hugger, because it was still Giger's design. He just built it.

Ironic that you should mention the Dog Thing, Kimarhi - Stan Winston not only did the next chestburster, but also the Dog Thing effects.

SM

SM

Dicken's final hugger was streets ahead of any of Giger's designs.

SiL

SiL

Dicken's hugger was Giger's design, with a touch-up of the fingers from O'Bannon. Although his early designs were rather odd.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

can someone post a pic?

SM

SM

QuoteDicken's hugger was Giger's design,

The basic design was O'Bannon's based on his script descriptions.  Cobb did designs that were more octopus like.  Dicken's final design was based on Giger's but I still feel it was a vast improvement.  I don't recall Gigers having the air sacs for example.  And Giger's original ones were almost the size of a small dog!

SiL

SiL

Giger's original designs did have the air-sacks, and his plans for the mechanism of the creature before it was handed to Dicken showed that his latest design was very close to what made it on screen.

Not to say Dicken didn't do a good job, just that the design wasn't really his.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed