Elephant noises?????

Started by Grid Alien, May 02, 2007, 07:35:17 PM

Author
Elephant noises????? (Read 3,267 times)

Grid Alien

Grid Alien

I was just watching Aliens Special Edation when i got to the fight sense the ALiens were makeing screeching noises that sounded like elephants, I dont think that the ALiens would make those noises, it seems nore like animals that exterestal creatures,

what are your thoughts on this

GridALien

War Wager

War Wager

I dont think they used elephants as the Aliens sounds. In fact I'm not sure what animal noises they combined to create their sound. If you listen to the commentary it might tell you.   ;)

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I've wondered what they used too, but I don't mind it.  ...Now the sounds the queen makes just give me chills of joy.  Just the sound of her breathing is so awesome.  I'm more curious as to how they made that sound.
...Getting on the subject, the original sounds of not only the creatures, but the technology has always impressed me.  The doors opening, the computer chirping; it's all so different from anything I've heard in any other film.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Hm, i never even realised that the aliens screamed almost like elephants

Clemsonkid21

Clemsonkid21

CHECK YOUR HEARING those WERN'T elephants!!!!!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

i know it's just the likeness of the scream.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

In AvP it was.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

In avp they sounded like cats

War Wager

War Wager

In the gunfight scene where Hudson is killed, there are some baby elephant sounds when some of the Aliens get hit. They are just sped up to make them more scream-like.

SM

SM

From Aliens onward they really lost that mechanical tone to their scream.  More's the pity.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Grid Alien on May 02, 2007, 07:35:17 PM
I was just watching Aliens Special Edation when i got to the fight sense the ALiens were makeing screeching noises that sounded like elephants, I dont think that the ALiens would make those noises, it seems nore like animals that exterestal creatures,

what are your thoughts on this

GridALien

I remember reading somewhere they used distorted elephant and pig noizes for the Aliens when they got shot or hurt.  But i'll have to double check on that one.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed