Star Rating

Started by War Wager, Apr 30, 2007, 01:35:23 AM

Author
Star Rating (Read 8,911 times)

SM

SM

I'm not generally bothered with star ratings for movies, but I think I'd give AvP a 1 for the effects and production design.  Otherwise it'd get 0.

SiL

SiL

Oh, we can give out 0s?

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I think it deserves at least 1.7, mainly cause it had Aliens and Predators in it. Otherwise it would be 1.

SM

SM

I hate that "it has Aliens/ Predators in it so it must be at least okay" argument.

No, it mustn't.

I don't really care about Predators, but it treated the Aliens with scant respect, so their mere presence does not make it a decent flick.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

No it doesnt make it decent. but it at least makes it worth watching.

SM

SM

Worth watching once to see how rubbish it is first hand, then going back and watching a GOOD film with Aliens in it.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Its worth watching for people who have never seen it before.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Alien-5
Aliens-5
Alien 3-5
A:R-4
AvP-1

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Alien: 5
Aliens: 4
Alien 3: 4
Alien Res: 3

AvP: 2 (I liked the effects.....especially the queen)

Predator: 4
P2: 3

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Predator: 3.5

Predator 2: 3

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Predator is a movie that has grown on me lots since I first saw it.  I used to hardly like it at all.

Darkness

Darkness

Aliens: 5
Alien 3: 4
Alien 4: 1

Predator: 5
Predator 2: 4

AvP: 1

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: Clone#8 on Apr 30, 2007, 01:47:26 AM
You don't like Alien?

Nope. There wasn't enough action,..........sorry............... there was almost no action in that movie. All it showed was people talking and getting scared because of the alien being loose and that was it. The parts that did show action wasn't intense enough for me. I would have liked it if the action was like in Aliens. That was a hotass movie.  ;D

Quote from: SiL on Apr 30, 2007, 02:29:16 AM
Aliens: 1
Alien 3: 4.5
AR: 1

Predator 2: 2.5

Damn, you disliked predator 2 that much?

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: SiL on Apr 30, 2007, 02:29:16 AM
Aliens: 1
Alien 3: 4.5
AR: 1

Predator 2: 2.5

And giving Aliens a 1?

Funny thing about AvP is that I've known so many people who watched AvP when it premiered and said it was amazing and so forth. Gave it 10/10 and their opinions now are at the opposite end of the scale.

War Wager

War Wager

When I first saw AvP, I thought it was brilliant. Only because I hadnt seen any of the other movies. After seeing them, I now see how it could have been so much better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed