Speilberg making Alien 5

Started by War Wager, Apr 16, 2007, 08:50:40 PM

Author
Speilberg making Alien 5 (Read 4,443 times)

Dachande

Dachande

I guess, but at leasts he's seen how people would make a Thriller/Horror movie

SM

SM

I'm just going by the kind of films he makes.

Prior to Res and AvP I could easily see JPJ and Anderson making Alien films.  I can't say the same of Spielberg.

Cromartie

Cromartie

yeah it could be about a colonial family looking after a atmosphere processor during the winter and its haunted by the ghosts of aliens and preds...LOL.. ;D :D ;)

Redfield

Redfield

Quote from: mcfarlane007 on Apr 16, 2007, 10:51:22 PM
I don't think Speilberg is the right guy.
I've seen the original War of the Worlds and I think it's better than the remake. It could have been so much more.

I have to agree with you there. I enjoyed the classic War of the Worlds, but I thought the new one was a load of utter garbage. But most of his other movies have been good (JP was good, but not faithful to the book).

War Wager

War Wager

I think that he brings a real epic feel to his movies and he goes into alot details about the story, which is why I think he would make a good Alien 5, going into the Alien origins, the Spacejocky and the Aliens home planet. But thats just my opinion, everyone is intitled to one...

Grid Alien

Grid Alien

Im not so sure that he would mesh well with the franchise

Grid Alien

Wolfy

Wolfy

Quote from: Clone#8 on Apr 16, 2007, 08:50:40 PM
Calm down he's not not actually making it, but I've noticed that Steven Speilberg has consistantly made good movies one after the other. I wonder if he could bring something new to the franchise and make a good movie...

I wouldn't say he's the type of sequel movie guy.

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: Wolfy on May 03, 2007, 07:11:06 PM
Quote from: Clone#8 on Apr 16, 2007, 08:50:40 PM
Calm down he's not not actually making it, but I've noticed that Steven Speilberg has consistantly made good movies one after the other. I wonder if he could bring something new to the franchise and make a good movie...

I wouldn't say he's the type of sequel movie guy.

I guess thats true. He has said he doesnt do sequals unless they are a follow-up to one of his own movies. Eg The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

Newsfop

Newsfop

Don't forget that Mr. Spielberg also wrote and produced Poltergeist, the only other movie in my youth that gave me nightmares. When the man wants, he can really do his homework. Spielberg was the major muscle behind the movie with Tobe Hooper being the "director" in name only to film the required scenes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed