Speilberg making Alien 5

Started by War Wager, Apr 16, 2007, 08:50:40 PM

Author
Speilberg making Alien 5 (Read 4,442 times)

War Wager

War Wager

Calm down he's not not actually making it, but I've noticed that Steven Speilberg has consistantly made good movies one after the other. I wonder if he could bring something new to the franchise and make a good movie...

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

war of the worlds was a good movie, but i don´t think he is the man we need :-\

Darkness

Darkness

War of the Worlds was amazing. Loved it.

Don't know if he's right for an alien film. It's not as if he's had much experience in making R-rated horror films.

Dachande

Dachande

I'd imagine if it was Spielberg it would be rather similar to Alien and Aliens, i mean he might not have that much experience directing Horror films but he's been involved in quite a few as well as a few thrillers, and he has lots of experience in action films, so it could be similar to Aliens, but it wouldnt follow the pattern of the movies i've noticed..

Alien - 1 Alien
Aliens - Lots of Aliens
Alien3 - One Alien....at a time
A:R Lots

So following the pattern there would be one alien >_>

But i fell if he were to make Alien 5 i think he's talented enough to make a good film as long as it has a decent script

SM

SM

Alien is not Spielberg's genre.

He's made some brilliant films, but he's made some pretty average ones too (like War Of The Worlds).

Dachande

Dachande

Alien wasnt Ridley's genre either and look how that turned out.

Aliendrone

Aliendrone

War of the Worlds, is my favorite movie of all time. his version. I love the movie and love the book.

Actually, in a weird way, I can see him doing alien 5, but to me it would be a little jurassic park in a way.

SM

SM

War Of The Worlds was too close to the book in terms of structure and doesn't translate well.  Tom Cruise spent the whole running away and wasn't really involved in what was going on.  PLus he was playing himself yet again (yawn).  Plus they should've set it in the original setting.

QuoteAlien wasnt Ridley's genre either and look how that turned out.

Ridley had done one whole feature film before maing Alien - he didn't have an established style of genre.  Spielberg's made dozens - none of which resemble any of the Alien flicks in tone or style.

SiL

SiL

Unless he's talking about preference, but Scott said he doesn't mind sci-fi so long as it has a good story.

I'm still waiting for a decent screen translation of War of the Worlds. Dakota Fanning and Tom Cruise in the same frame do not a good movie make :-X

Dachande

Dachande

Not entirely true, as Spielberg was involved in Arachnaphobia which IMO was quite a good Thriller movie.....although it might just be because i hate spiders

SM

SM

Spielberg didn't write or direct Arachnophobia - which was more comedy anyway.

QuoteI'm still waiting for a decent screen translation of War of the Worlds.

'ken oath...

Dachande

Dachande

But he was the Producer for it, which meant he overlooked everything, and at the end of you day, you cant critisize or defend what a Horror movie would be like if he made one, untill he does, if he does do it and it flops fair enough it ISNT his Genre, but we cant say for sure until we know

SiL

SiL

I always thought the raptor scene in Jurassic Park could form a pretty good template for a scene in an Alien movie. Keep that tension over an hour and a half and you're all set.

But give me Neil Marshall any day.

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

I don't think Speilberg is the right guy.

My problem is in 2 words:

Jurassic Park

Sure when I was a kid I thought the movies were good. But then I read the books and I was like "WTF? THIS IS BULL!!"
Not only is much of the story changed around, but it goes from an R book to a PG-13 movie.

In the book there is profanity along with some very descriptive scenes of violence/gore. Also some sexual themes.

I would have liked it to have been an R rated movie and had been more true to the book. But I think Speilberg along with Universal were too chicken to do it R and decided to butcher up Michael Crichton's masterpiece.

And I've seen the original War of the Worlds and I think it's better than the remake. It could have been so much more.

SM

SM

Always though the JP film was more exciting than the book.  Lost World started out okay but the end was a mess.

QuoteBut he was the Producer for it, which meant he overlooked everything

Not necessarily.  Giler, Hill, and Carroll were producers on Aliens and did very little.  Cameron and Hurd did all the work.  They even got credited for Resurrection and AvP and had nothing to do with the those films whatsoever.

Just because Spielberg had a producer credit on Arachnophobia (or even Back to The Future) doesn't mean he had any creative input. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed