What would be a proper title for the third (and maybe last) prequel?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 12, 2018, 11:12:20 PM

Author
What would be a proper title for the third (and maybe last) prequel? (Read 12,342 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I don't think (and hope) that 'Alien Awakening' is the title of the still-kinda-possible third prequel. Having said that, I think 'Alien: Paradise Lost' would be a proper title. I have the feeling that David feels like a god entering the Valhalla ready to start his Eden on Origae 6 in order to complete his creation. Other titles that come to my mind: 'Alien: Perfect Organism', 'Alien: The Colony of the Damned', 'Alien: Pandora's effect', 'Alien: A Biomechanical Odyssey', 'Alien: Underworld Chronicles' and 'Zeta Reticuli: Life and Death'. So, what would be a proper title for the third (and maybe last) prequel?

tleilaxu

Paradise Lost sounds too hamfisted for me. Awakening is decent but maybe not optimal. I think Prometheus and Covenant were great titles, I'm not really sure what the third could be, maybe something like "Alien: Nephilim" although I think the titles stand better without the alien prefix.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

How about "Alien: The Last Nephilim"? but beyond the mythological background and the metaphors, the titles of these films are virtually the names of every single spacecraft in which the human characters are traveling through the stars. And since we already have the name Covenant in the second installment, maybe the third chapter is going to be called "The Derelict"  ;) (it might make sense if the eggs that Kane found inside the shipwreck are actually the Covenant's colonists).

Btw, I think "Awakening" without the "Alien" sounds better, but it wouldn't be very tempting from a business point of view. Although I could be wrong :P

OpenMaw

Alien : Electric Boogaloo.

Honestly the naming practice for the prequel trilogy is fubar'd already.

Prometheus
Covenant
Awakening

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on May 13, 2018, 12:24:30 AM
Btw, I think "Awakening" without the "Alien" sounds better, but it wouldn't be very tempting from a business point of view. Although I could be wrong :P

It could work if it the advertising was still very clearly "Alien" esque. Look at Prometheus. That was a great advertising campaign.

tleilaxu

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on May 13, 2018, 12:24:30 AM
How about "Alien: The Last Nephilim"? but beyond the mythological background and the metaphors, the titles of these films are virtually the names of every single spacecraft in which the human characters are traveling through the stars. And since we already have the name Covenant in the second installment, maybe the third chapter is going to be called "The Derelict"  ;) (it might make sense if the eggs that Kane found inside the shipwreck are actually the Covenant's colonists).

Alien: Nephilim would be better since it could refer to both the creatures and the Engineers, although point taken with the ship names.

Baron Von Marlon

Planet David  ;D

No, like Shrimp mentioned, it'll probably be the name of the new ship.

Now what kind of name would fit the new ship? What kind of vessel and crew would the Company send to retreive David's stuff?
I'd guess something similar to the Prometheus ship and crew.
So maybe the name of mythological figure again? One that ends up in some kind of hell?
I'd think everyone in the sequel will die.
So what's a mythical story about a person or group of people, going on some quest and dying? Maybe one character escapes but dies anyway like the Derelict pilot.

MU-TH-UR 6000

The Ali3n 0rigins: Revengeance of David-8

Huggs

Alien: The Last Prequel, We Promise...And we're so, so sorry.  ;)

To be serious, It'll probably just be another ship name, though Goodness knows what that might be. There's so many possibilities.

And just in case it does lead into Alien, Patton Oswald looks kind of like ash. Might as well go for broke.

whiterabbit

As said before, the naming scheme is already a right mess but the next movie will be named after the boat. It has to, so there is some sort of continuity in the titles. The next boat should be called Moloch.

SM

skhellter

Baron Von Marlon

Orpheus
Fits like Prometheus. There are similar themes but like in the movie, the ending might be different.

The trip to the underworld is a mytheme of comparative mythology found in a diverse number of religions from around the world. The hero or upper-world deity journeys to the underworld or to the land of the dead and returns, often with a quest-object or a loved one, or with heightened knowledge. The ability to enter the realm of the dead while still alive, and to return, is a proof of the classical hero's exceptional status as more than mortal. A deity who returns from the underworld demonstrates eschatological themes such as the cyclical nature of time and existence, or the defeat of death and the possibility of immortality.

Katabasis is the epic convention of the hero's trip into the underworld. In Greek mythology, for example, Orpheus enters the underworld in order to bring Eurydice back to the world of the living.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katabasis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orpheus

Anyway, we had Prometheus which is linked to Greek mythology and their gods. We had Covenant, which we can link to Christianity (and Judaism?).
So I'm putting my money on something similar. Something from whatever mythology or religion that applies to the sequel and/or sounds good.
Pretty sure Awakenings is gonna change just like Paradise became Covenant.

MU-TH-UR 6000

Now seriously, I actually like Paradise as the title for the final instalment. Could be the name of a really shitty ship as well that stumbles across either LV-223 or Origae-6. Full of mercenaries and horrible people in general that comes across David's version of what a paradise should look like.

whiterabbit

I wonder what would happen if they called the next ship the Enterprise...

Enoch

One word - TEMPEST

Alien: Tempest ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed