Arnold talks about The Predator

Started by The Wolverine Predator, Apr 05, 2017, 09:50:01 PM

Author
Arnold talks about The Predator (Read 74,206 times)

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

No it's just damage control, they know the script is out and they know the majority of fans hate it, now Arnold said he didn't like it too.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Apr 07, 2017, 01:18:45 AM
Quote from: ace3g on Apr 07, 2017, 01:16:47 AM
Could be Black just doing some PR saving but I think Arnold was just speaking of the screen time.

https://twitter.com/BonafideBlack/status/849956540568150017
At least he's responded to me a few times on Twitter, I agree with the screen time idea now after I re-read Arnold's comments I posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's true, Arnold doesn't like taking the backseat and insists on being front and center. He doesn't get what he wants, it's alright, he's had his heyday.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Anrold's major star power died out after the mid 90's. After 1997, he can't draw in the same level of people for a major blockbuster. Not even the last Terminator movie help since that movie did poorly too.

Lost

Lost

Enough presence in the film, well use have an imagination and I don't know 30 years to work it out, Arnold wasn't essential for the predator films to continue, but is it that hard to get the star of the first film to co-star in one of the sequels. $250,000 more and Arnold would have done predator 2, predator sells more digital/Blu-ray/dvd's then any other instalment, I say F fox im breaking all my movies and I ain't supporting any of your films, how could you not write a script that had Arnold co-starring is beyond most predator fans imagination.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I'm actually glad he's not in it.  Would be just another gratuitous cameo.  We already had that in Predators when Isabelle gave that exposition referencing the 1987 movie.  I want this movie to be its own thing, as much as possible.   

newagescamartist

Get Adam Baldwin back. He perfected his don't give a f*ck scowl on Chuck, it's time for him to see some more Predators.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'd actually really like to see him back as Garber.

predator88

predator88

Arnold has been in mostly $hitty movies since his comeback, he doesn't need another one. Glad he refused to appear.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 07, 2017, 01:15:59 AM
Quite honestly I think I'll prefer this movie to the original. Spielberg's wary sensibilities are my favorite and fusing them with Predator is colossally appealing to me.
I get that I'm a jaded Internet geek who nerd rages at the drop of a hat (apparently), but surely this is the extreme on the opposite end?

Remember AvPR, BishopShouldGo. Remember what you were saying before it was released. Remembeeeer...

SpeedyMaxx

Yes, this is definitely that movie. The correlation of the talent involved is identical.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Lost on Apr 07, 2017, 04:36:07 AM
how could you not write a script that had Arnold co-starring is beyond most predator fans imagination.

Exactly.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 07, 2017, 07:55:14 AM
I'd actually really like to see him back as Garber.

Totally agree.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 07, 2017, 11:26:40 AM
Yes, this is definitely that movie. The correlation of the talent involved is identical.
It doesn't matter when it comes to BishopShouldGo. Every new film is going to be the greatest film in the franchise. He gets super, super pumped. Then it comes out.

The comment is specific to one user and his historical pre-release hypetrain. I am not attacking the film.

SpeedyMaxx

As condescending as that sounds to the other poster, we don't all fit that alleged characterization. I'm a pragmatist. I just happen to have read the script.

Russ

Russ

Cool, is this the "leaked" one that some are saying is real and some aren't or another one. You could share it, then people who don't mind spoilers can judge for themselves.

Quote from: SiL on Apr 07, 2017, 12:42:59 PM
It doesn't matter when it comes to BishopShouldGo. Every new film is going to be the greatest film in the franchise.

Maybe, but I'm a bit like that myself - I really want to love movies and be entertained and... yes... perhaps overlook some cracks. I remember a mate of mine who is a huge Aliens fan (I'm surprised he's not a member here) and he was genuinely furious about Prometheus. Now he's already saying that A:C is going to be shit, meh to the trailers, not impressed and generally scathing.

That's a weird thing in fandom - it's like we hate on the properties we purport to love. I'm no different - I'm very, very, very against an Escape from New York reboot/remake or whatever. I have nothing on which to base that other than it won't be Russell/Carpenter (I WISH they'd do an "Unforgiven" - I even wrote to Carpenter about that *lol*).

But more often than not I get really excited too and more often than not, I come away pleased.

Then again, I'm a fan of Resident Evil, Underworld and own a bunch of Uwe Boll movies which I genuinely like (I really do, I'm not making that up).

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Lost on Apr 07, 2017, 04:36:07 AM
how could you not write a script that had Arnold co-starring is beyond most predator fans imagination.
They undoubtedly could write a script like that but didn't due to their better judgment. Was there ever a poll that said most fans wanted Arnold co-starring?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed