Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1052

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 579,344 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Sphere's a really, really good movie with some great talents involved in it

SnakAttack

SnakAttack

I have a lot of trouble deciding between Alien and Aliens, but I chose Alien as as my favorite, followed very closely by Aliens.  The rest are alright, but drop down a lot on my personal ranking, with Alien 3, then Alien: Resurrection, and lastly Prometheus.  I am keeping an open mind in terms of Alien: Covenant and future films, but I don't personally feel that Prometheus did a very good job explaining everything so far.  Though I will say that since there are more films coming out (which I wasn't aware of the last time I saw Prometheus), I probably just need to re-watch it to fully appreciate it.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Prometheus shouldn't be in that poll.  It's not an alien movie.  If you're going to put Prometheus, you might as well include AVP too.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 09, 2017, 04:35:26 AM

Is it better than AR?

Matriarch

Matriarch

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 09, 2017, 06:29:09 AM
Prometheus shouldn't be in that poll.  It's not an alien movie.  If you're going to put Prometheus, you might as well include AVP too.
Here here!

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 09, 2017, 06:59:30 AM

Is it better than AR?

Gingerbread Man is better than A:R

426Buddy

426Buddy

Prometheus is part of a prequel trilogy that is supposedly going to lead into the original film, given that and the fact it is legitimately part of the Alien universe makes it appropriate for this list.

AvP/AvPR could be included although I personally wouldn't.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

The AVP movies were actually prequels until Prometheus erased that canon and created a new one

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 09, 2017, 04:41:21 PM
The AVP movies were actually prequels until Prometheus erased that canon and created a new one

I agree but there is more than a few people here that will argue passionately that Prometheus and AvP can coexist in the same canon.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 09, 2017, 01:15:36 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 09, 2017, 06:59:30 AM

Is it better than AR?

Gingerbread Man is better than A:R

:laugh:

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Dammit, I can't believe that Aliens is so throughly dominating the poll.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

It is a great movie, has every reason to be a favorite for so many fans.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 09, 2017, 03:57:14 PM

Prometheus is part of a prequel trilogy that is supposedly going to lead into the original film, given that and the fact it is legitimately part of the Alien universe makes it appropriate for this list.

I don't think Prometheus was intended to be a prequel to alien, it's instead part of a shared universe.  Alien Covenant may be a prequel, but Scott deliberately steered Prometheus away from being a prequel (read Jon Spaights first draft for Prometheus).

AVP could also be said to be 'shared universe' films, because they don't really lead into Alien.

Matriarch

Matriarch

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Feb 10, 2017, 02:05:43 AM
Dammit, I can't believe that Aliens is so throughly dominating the poll.
Well what did you expect? Its one of the greatest alien movies (Not just Xeno's) ever made and this is AVP Galaxy after all.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Feb 10, 2017, 02:05:43 AM
Dammit, I can't believe that Aliens is so thoroughly dominating the poll.

Let's face it, it was always going to be (at best) a two horse race between Aliens and Alien and, as good as the original is, the majority of people in these polls are going to lean towards it's more action heavy and quotable sequel. The other films barely merit a mention...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed