Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1052

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 580,835 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

In the movie clearly not, in the EU maybe. @Slutty Badger ?

SM

SM

They're stasis tubes which are supposed to be inescapable. Water diluting the pH of the acid is the simplest explanation.

solace97

solace97

Alien is just by far the most superior in the franchise. Aliens is another great one but it just doesn't strike the same chords

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 30, 2024, 09:06:58 PMIs it ever explained in Aliens that water or whatever liquid is around the facehuggers in Medlab neutralizes their ability to use acid to get through glass like on Kane's glass mask in Alien?

The Weyland-Yutani Report states that the tubes are filled with alkaloid nahcolite solution. So, yes!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Mar 30, 2024, 06:54:33 PM
Quote from: oduodu on Mar 30, 2024, 06:20:15 PMthe thing  about a3 is that they should have included or done the cocooning scene. i m not sure: was that scene supposed to have egg morphing or normal facehugging?

from memory i it think was eggmorhing.....

There was supposed to be a cocoon scene wherein Ripley finds Andrews and the others hived up in the meeting tower. Apparently, some of the cocoons were even built for it.

Instead, the RPG mentions that Andrews, Boggs, and Rains were taken to a remote part of the facility and Ovomorphed.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: solace97 on Mar 31, 2024, 02:22:36 AMAlien is just by far the most superior in the franchise. Aliens is another great one but it just doesn't strike the same chords

You really don't get the Alien terror vibe till "They Cut The Power," and the Xenomorphs start charging without hesitation and pursue Ripley, Newt and The Marines with a vengeance. It is in those scenes, them busting the door and coming through air shafts you are like "holy Shiitaki!" 

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I understand what you mean, but don't you feel a bit of terror and oppression when the marines are attacked for the first time ? Pretty tense scene.

solace97

solace97

Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 02, 2024, 11:39:59 PM
Quote from: solace97 on Mar 31, 2024, 02:22:36 AMAlien is just by far the most superior in the franchise. Aliens is another great one but it just doesn't strike the same chords

You really don't get the Alien terror vibe till "They Cut The Power," and the Xenomorphs start charging without hesitation and pursue Ripley, Newt and The Marines with a vengeance. It is in those scenes, them busting the door and coming through air shafts you are like "holy Shiitaki!" 

"Don't get the Alien terror vibe..."that's all the first film was??? Aliens had a brief and brilliant moment with that opposed to a mostly action style film.

Unless I read that wrong and you're saying that's the only moment than my apologies

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: solace97 on Apr 03, 2024, 07:42:31 AM

"Don't get the Alien terror vibe..."that's all the first film was??? Aliens had a brief and brilliant moment with that opposed to a mostly action style film.

Unless I read that wrong and you're saying that's the only moment than my apologies

Yeah the only moment ai felt that terror return from Alien in Aliens is in "They Cut The Power," part. It is the moment it really becomes Aliens to me.

solace97

solace97

Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 03, 2024, 07:48:03 AM
Quote from: solace97 on Apr 03, 2024, 07:42:31 AM

Yeah the only moment ai felt that terror return from Alien in Aliens is in "They Cut The Power," part. It is the moment it really becomes Aliens to me.
Absolutely. There were little breadcrumbs leading up to it as well. Like when they first investigate and just find the aftermath of the aliens as well as the face huggers in the stasis tubes. But that cut the power scene really makes you feel the helplessness of what the Aliens make you feel

SiL

SiL

The Aliens waking up in the hive is also good nightmare fuel.

Kradan

Kradan

Oh, I love that part

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Waking up in the hive, what? When does that happen?

Oh the Aliens waking.

Kradan

Kradan

Yeah, I got confused there too

SiL

SiL

I mean they were talking about scenes where the Aliens felt scary so it felt appropriate to refer to the Aliens as "them".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed