Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,561 times)

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 18, 2008, 12:27:57 AM
Skinning the cop is Predator culture and taking off the armour was making the fight more challenging. Teaming up with a human was pussyfication.

It is? sorry i missed where in the movies it stated this?

ScarPredator16

ScarPredator16

Quote from: Silver Surfer on Apr 18, 2008, 03:49:57 AM
Skinning the cop is Predator culture and taking off the armour was making the fight more challenging. Teaming up with a human was pussyfication.

I just missed the explanation as to why it was relevant in AVP:R.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Silver Surfer on Apr 18, 2008, 03:49:57 AM

It's never explicitly stated, but seeing as how three Predators have done it, it seems pretty routine.

Quote from: severen76 on Apr 18, 2008, 12:30:14 AM
It made the fight stupid, knowing that at any time Chet could kill Wolf....but didn't.

Technically you could argue she did, since her tail went through Wolf's chest.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

QuoteIt's never explicitly stated

well of course...

Quotebut seeing as how three Predators have done it, it seems pretty routine.

well this is your speculation...not evidence..

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: severen76 on Apr 18, 2008, 12:30:14 AM
It made the fight stupid, knowing that at any time Chet could kill Wolf....but didn't.
At anytime? Looked like an unarmed Wolf was giving her a hard time to me. Noone with an objectionable view saw what you did.   

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Yeah, not too mention several stupidly missed opportunities the warriors and "Chet" *lol* had to kill Wolf. Okay here comes the sarcasm, "Ooh! Let's have them swipe Wolf with their tails instead of impaling him." lol

Then their's the rediculous way Wolf was able to so easily man handle the warriors. That gave me a good laugh. Or how small and stupid they were. Or the razor whip being capable of severing the head off and even cutting a warrior in half. Or the shuriken pinning Jesse to the wall. And let's not forget, Wolf doesn't get to be burned by acid splash at point blank range because that would make him less of a badass. Afterall, all that armor the preds wore in the first AVP was unnecessary. The preds in the first two films didn't need it, why should they? And they looked like f***'n linebackers. ::) Quoth the Brothers Strause. :D

I can give you several very good reasons why Preds need the extra armor and weapons for battling Aliens if you believe the BS portrayal of both species in AVP:R.

Sometimes I wonder if the Strause Brothers were on something when developing AVP:R. :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Silver Surfer on Jan 14, 1970, 11:41:32 PMwell this is your speculation...not evidence..

I'm making an educated guess though. I figure there's a reason behind it, beyond mere entertainment on a Predator's part. We humans skin animals for their skin; we use it. Predators may do the same.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

QuoteI'm making an educated guess though. I figure there's a reason behind it, beyond mere entertainment on a Predator's part. We humans skin animals for their skin; we use it. Predators  may do the same.

So you're saying that wolf took time off of his mission to make himself some human skin clothes...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Silver Surfer on Apr 18, 2008, 01:56:45 PM
QuoteI'm making an educated guess though. I figure there's a reason behind it, beyond mere entertainment on a Predator's part. We humans skin animals for their skin; we use it. Predators  may do the same.

So you're saying that wolf took time off of his mission to make himself some human skin clothes...

I'm offering suggestions. How about instead of critising, you offer up brainstorms of your own?

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 18, 2008, 01:59:33 PM

I'm offering suggestions. How about instead of critising, you offer up brainstorms of your own?

oh ok, here it goes..wolf skinning the cop was a waste of mission time and made no sense whatsoever..

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Both at my opinion are bad.
But AvP:R fell off more than avp cos there is no concept, only "promesses" from greg & colin... and lie.

Cellien

Cellien

I personally think it was the Bros. trying to pay homage and it didn't make sense. 

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Cellien on Apr 18, 2008, 04:09:34 PM

I personally think it was the Bros. trying to pay homage and it didn't make sense. 

That's my guess to. The real question is did they do it for themselves or for the fans? :-X

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: severen76 on Apr 18, 2008, 04:17:13 PM
Quote from: Cellien on Apr 18, 2008, 04:09:34 PM

That's my guess to. The real question is did they do it for themselves or for the fans? :-X

they were trying to suck up to the fans without listening to the fans..

Cellien

Cellien

I think they thought the fans would love it.  All they had to do was make it make sense and I would have loved it.  Unfortunately, their attempt had the complete opposite effect.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed