Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 01, 2018, 12:00:49 PM

Author
Introducing The Predator's Emissary Predators! (Read 55,321 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 02:33:19 PM
We also only see Harrigan against the fog in the ship from memory, which would appear black to IR compared to his clearer heat signature.

Looks more like the usual filtered IR to me. There's also some brief moments of the Predator vision when they're outside too and it looks like the usual vision to me. I'd imagine the Predator ship to have been quite hot and as was LA at the time.

Completely fair point regarding the Meat Locker but we know it wasn't unfiltered IR. It was all the same method. In real life, it was probably just an oversight but that's how I've always explained it away in my head.

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2019, 02:39:05 PM
Completely fair point regarding the Meat Locker but we know it wasn't unfiltered IR. It was all the same method.
I don't think I'm getting the point across. The only time we see "filtered" IR is in the original Predator when his mask is on, as the heat cameras couldn't tell between the actors and the location. Predator 2 and its environments didn't have this problem; they didn't have to hose down the set and heat up the actors to get the contrast. Even when he's wearing the mask, he's seeing unfiltered IR because there was no filtering needed, hence no difference when the mask is removed.

Fog show black on IR. You can even see it's obscuring Harrigan's body temperature (which would actually make a lot of sense to fill the ship with a medium to help distinguish your buddies from the walls around you :P)

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I wasn't following. Fair point.

Highland

It's not just vision, as far as we can tell it's breathing (quite handy) and also targeting systems - which are obviously now also just in his eyeballs.

Then the counter answer to everything is just "He upgraded it".

SiL

The mask also helped with isolating sounds and enhancing their hearing.

Considering they're clearly using bionic upgrades, why they'd care about genetic tampering I don't know. Surely they could just make themselves cyborgs and be done with it?

Still Collating...

The Predator 2, One Ugly Cyborg F*cker.

The Cruentus

Quote from: SiL on Feb 05, 2019, 04:44:48 AM
The mask also helped with isolating sounds and enhancing their hearing.

That always baffles me because the mask only covers their face, so unless their ears are on their face somewhere I don't understand how it affects their hearing.

The Old One

The Old One

Stan Winston's sculpts for the Predator 2 City Hunter show ears underneath the dreadlocks.
So, they're about the same place as ours.

Corporal Hicks

They've got little ear buds that are connected via bluetooth to the helmet...

:P

Whiskeybrewer

No wonder he blew himself up. He lost his Air pods

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 05, 2019, 01:14:10 PM
Stan Winston's sculpts for the Predator 2 City Hunter show ears underneath the dreadlocks.

Really? Is there pictures? Because I know for certain via predator 2 when he speaks to Harrigan that he has a forked tongue.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 05, 2019, 01:14:10 PM

Has that ever been confirmed as ears by Stan Winston's team?

Why I ask is I read someone claim the function of those holes were not for hearing, but for breathing, not only so the Yautja isn't limited to breathing through its mouth (especially with the mask on), but work as gills as well, so it can breathe underwater.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything to confirm this either way.

The Old One

The Old One

No, I don't think so- I only assumed as much due to it's position.

Voodoo Magic

Hicks! We need a podcast with someone from Stan Winston's team please. We need to know! :)

AhabPredator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 05, 2019, 02:55:27 PM
Hicks! We need a podcast with someone from Stan Winston's team please. We need to know! :)

Speaking of Stan Winston designs...that one thread has been updated with new pictures.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed