Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,123 times)

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 05, 2010, 03:10:12 PM
Quote from: Guts The Black Swordsman on Sep 05, 2010, 07:02:02 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 03, 2010, 07:55:31 PM
Quote from: SM on Sep 03, 2010, 03:18:46 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 03, 2010, 02:41:14 AM
Quote from: Guts The Black Swordsman on Sep 03, 2010, 02:37:46 AM
CG to me suits the aliens better because of there frame. Humans are still humans even in suits, so a human can never fully act or pose like a alien without it looking like a guy in a rubber suit. Why do you think they always did close ups back in the days? never actually showing the full body? as an alien walks? it's just impossible to do without CG.

They did it just fine in A3 without any CGI whatsoever.

No they didn't.

Sure they did. You didn't like the shot of the Runner walking away from the Ox/Dog corpse?

The CG in Alien3 was horrible, problem is CG was new at it's time for movies, and so it wasn't as deveoped as it is now. Alien3 is CG done bad, it wasn't needed in the movie at all.

It wasn't a CG alien. The only CG shot were the cracks on its head after being showered at the end.

No, watch the scene where it's chasing the guys in the tunnel, when they are closing the doors behind them, theres some pretty nasty CGI there, hmm i can remember several other scenes too.

Mus

Mus

That would be the puppet.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

No it has a black outline in it, and as i remember films back in the day then early cg based effects had Black lines around it. I don't remember the techical details but i know for a fact that theres several poor CG scenes in Alien 3. And nothing will make me say other wise.

SiL

SiL

Then you're a troll (And not even a good one).

Mus

Mus

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Quote from: SiL on Sep 05, 2010, 09:34:21 PM
Then you're a troll (And not even a good one).
Old hat is old.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Sep 05, 2010, 08:01:14 PM
Quote from: BUGZ on Sep 05, 2010, 07:46:27 PM
:-\ ::)
I thought it was universally excepted here, that the crocodile/cockroach look isn't good. I assumed we all liked the weird, not quite human look.

That's his fan-made costume. A pretty damn good one, too.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

You serious?
I thought it was a movie prop.
Wow, much respect, dude.
The teeth look fine, I just think human type ones are more preferred. Still, that's f**kin' sweet.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Guts The Black Swordsman on Sep 05, 2010, 09:03:06 PM
No it has a black outline in it, and as i remember films back in the day then early cg based effects had Black lines around it. I don't remember the techical details but i know for a fact that theres several poor CG scenes in Alien 3. And nothing will make me say other wise.

It's a rod puppet filmed seperately and imposed onto the screen. They called it Mo-Motion. Watch the A3 special features.

SM

SM

CG to me suits the aliens better because of there frame. Humans are still humans even in suits, so a human can never fully act or pose like a alien without it looking like a guy in a rubber suit. Why do you think they always did close ups back in the days? never actually showing the full body? as an alien walks? it's just impossible to do without CG.

No they didn't.

Sure they did. You didn't like the shot of the Runner walking away from the Ox/Dog corpse?

That was CG and the stuff that wasn't was badly comped.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

the one thing that was wrong with the puppet is the lightning and the editing; the movement itself is beautiful.

oh and bugz, give your creation lips. made of condoms.

SM

SM

Indeed.  Nowt wrong with the puppetry.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Sep 05, 2010, 10:09:56 PM
Old hat is old.
Yet you're still here with the same old shit.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Sep 05, 2010, 11:29:32 PM

No they didn't.

That was CG and the stuff that wasn't was badly comped.

One shot, yeah...still, wasn't most of the shots rendered via puppet and blue screen?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed