Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,033 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 06, 2010, 03:34:50 PM
Give AvP a break. ADI hadn't all the money to make the perfection out of those animatronics yet still managed to do a wonderful work.
Alien and Aliens were also hampered with technological and monetary problems when it came to the Alien suits. I'd also like to hear a quote from ADI complaining about budget and cutbacks. They seem proud of their technology and abilities in any making-of I've seen.

QuoteAnd this is AvPR alien
http://i46.tinypic.com/4rrp8o.jpg
That is a floppy neck.

I'm not saying AVPR doesn't have a floppy neck. It's really a rehash of the AVP Alien body with a different head and possibly hands(?).

They both have floppy necks.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 06, 2010, 03:38:54 PM
Alien and Aliens were also hampered with technological and monetary problems when it came to the Alien suits. I'd also like to hear a quote from ADI complaining about budget and cutbacks. They seem proud of their technology and abilities in any making-of I've seen.
They don't complain because they always arrange on what they have.
Alien/s' productions weren't as rushed as AvP's, which was if I'm not wrong of about two months.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 06, 2010, 03:38:54 PM
I'm not saying AVPR doesn't have a floppy neck. It's really a rehash of the AVP Alien body with a different head and possibly hands(?).
Also no. AvPR neck was heavily modified and made bigger, and proportions were altered in the AvPR suits.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 06, 2010, 03:43:24 PM
They don't complain because they always arrange on what they have.
Then how can I take your word on it?
QuoteAlso no. AvPR neck was heavily modified and made bigger, and proportions were altered in the AvPR suits.
I'm looking at the neck. It's long

Neck compared to AVPR neck

Same length. AVPR neck is thicker. Like I said, body isessentially the same, head is different, neck is thicker but long.

As for the AVP puppet, Tom Woodruff quote: 'The arms, the legs, they're loose, they're floppy.' - AVP, Making of.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Proportions on AvPR Aliens are still different than AvP's. They have bigger and fleshier hands for one.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 06, 2010, 04:04:41 PM
Proportions on AvPR Aliens are still different than AvP's. They have bigger and fleshier hands for one.
I'll give you that they're thicker, and that the AVP Aliens are thinner, but since I'm criticising both designs...

The basic design is the same. Body, arms, legs, hands. The head changed at the Strauses' behest. They wanted the Cameron Alien head. ADI changed the head and fattened the body. Both AVP designs, to me, are ugly.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

To me, AvP design is agile and sleek, and more in the spirit of the previous ones. AvPR was all ruined by the fat hands, thyroidic neck and the overbite.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 06, 2010, 04:21:28 PM
To me, AvP design is agile and sleek, and more in the spirit of the previous ones. AvPR was all ruined by the fat hands, thyroidic neck and the overbite.
It's definitely thinner, and the AVPR Alien is goofy.
It's certainly interesting to see someone who prefers the fleshy, animal-postured design over the biomechanical man-thing

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

God. It hurts to see this. Its as long as that in the movie too... What a bunch of dumb frigs those brothers were...

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

???
Didnt seem that long when I watched it.

Ryu

Ryu

Well guys, I will not put me on the subject, but I would like someone to explain any of the following images:

Why the alien Vincent  Ward looks like this? Or is it just an interpretation of the artist Mike Worrall?
And now the most bizarre:

WTF!? :-X

A Newborn? What is your role in Vincent Ward's script?

Just like someone answers these questions.
One more thing, Valaquen, you can complete picture of the alien from Alien: Resurrection, which is in the examples of comparison of desing.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Ryu on Jun 06, 2010, 06:05:11 PM
Well guys, I will not put me on the subject, but I would like someone to explain any of the following images:

Why the alien Vincent  Ward looks like this? Or is it just an interpretation of the artist Mike Worrall?
And now the most bizarre:

WTF!? :-X

A Newborn? What is your role in Vincent Ward's script?

Just like someone answers these questions.

Hah, from the early script on the space farm, there were chicken Aliens, sheep Aliens, everything.

QuoteOne more thing, Valaquen, you can complete picture of the alien from Alien: Resurrection, which is in the examples of comparison of desing.
Sorry, I don't understand.

Ryu

Ryu

QuoteSorry, I don't understand.
Damn google translate!It was a request, the complete image of the alien, the fourth film, that you poset, in the examples of this image.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Ryu on Jun 06, 2010, 06:37:07 PM
Damn google translate!It was a request, the complete image of the alien, the fourth film, that you poset, in the examples of this image.

Woah thanks for that direct comparison. For me it's now clear, it only went downhill after Aliens... even the runner from Alien 3 was way too fleshy and muscular...

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Ryu on Jun 06, 2010, 06:37:07 PM

Ah, you want the image I used to make that comparison? It was a Google search:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3612/3418095023_3ab95ef8ec.jpg

Ryu

Ryu

Thank you, Valaquen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed