Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,266 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

No. It was re-sculpted out from the start, and made fleshier.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Ah, how the mighty have fallen...
And the Strauses said they wanted the Cameron Aliens. Clearly, they didn't. ADI can't shake off the fleshy, puke looking body.
Now, biomechanics, mmm!

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

The Alien3 pic looks the best for some reason.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Here's all of 'em

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

AvP looks like the newborn. Resurectum looks inexplicable.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

It looks like it has boils  :-\ :'(

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

A:R is the Bronze Maquete from Sideshow right? Also the AvP one isn't fully developed yet

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 06, 2010, 03:05:55 PM
A:R is the Bronze Maquete from Sideshow right? Also the AvP one isn't fully developed yet
The marquette is the only clear image I can find of the body. The AVP body is the full animatronic. It needs painted, but the body design is clear.
Another problem with the ADI designs is that they seem incapable of standing up straight:

When they do stand, they're hunched, and you can see how all of the proportions are wrong, overly long floppy neck, arms, etc.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They can't stand up because maybe the heads are so full of mechanisms that makes them heavier than the originals? :P
Plus I like the longer necks. Makes them less human looking.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 06, 2010, 03:10:50 PM
They can't stand up because maybe the heads are so full of mechanisms that makes them heavier than the originals? :P
Plus I like the longer necks. Makes them less human looking.

thats not a good thing. Aliens Are meant to look humanoid

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

But still, they are Alien. Less Human= good for me.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 06, 2010, 03:10:50 PM
Really, with time, I would have thought that mechanics get lighter and less clunky. Look at the insides of the '79 Xeno head.

QuotePlus I like the longer necks. Makes them less human looking.
Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I think the long, floppy necks make them look silly.

QuoteBut still, they are Alien. Less Human= good for me.
I don't know how more flesh and human-like appendages and ribs, with no biomechanical features on the body, make them seem less human.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 06, 2010, 03:21:01 PM
Really, with time, I would have thought that mechanics get lighter and less clunky. Look at the insides of the '79 Xeno head.
The original alien head had simpler mechanisms. A:R/AvP heads are heavier because they contain more complex mechanisms. Plus, that shown in the photos is the default position for them. Doesn't mean they can't get a proper upright position. They did in A:R.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 06, 2010, 03:21:01 PM
Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I think the long, floppy necks make them look silly.
Floppy? Definitely not for A:R/AvP Aliens. I'd say that floppy necks belong to AVPR ones.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 06, 2010, 03:23:47 PM
The original alien head had simpler mechanisms. A:R/AvP heads are heavier because they contain more complex mechanisms.
You're going to have to show me the inside of their skulls, because complex does not = heavier, especially after 30 years of puppet advances.

QuotePlus, that shown in the photos is the default position for them.
The Alien from Aliens is also in default. it is also, like the AVP puppet, a full stunt model.

QuoteFloppy? Definitely not for A:R/AvP Aliens. I'd say that floppy necks belong to AVPR ones.
This is the AVP Alien

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 06, 2010, 03:29:22 PM
You're going to have to show me the inside of their skulls, because complex does not = heavier, especially after 30 years of puppet advances.
Give AvP a break. ADI hadn't all the money to make the perfection out of those animatronics yet still managed to do a wonderful work.

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 06, 2010, 03:29:22 PM
This is the AVP Alien

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/Izzys88/picture016-3.jpg
And this is AvPR alien

That is a floppy neck.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed