Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,038 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Shit happens.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 04, 2010, 04:08:47 PM
The Arms are positioned like the original.
Theyre not and I know its hard to see on this specific comparison. The original Queen had arms growing from her back, the AVP has the arms growing from the sides like people and animals

I know they didnt redesign her totally like ADI did with alien, but there are traces of ADI's devastating redesigns already. Fortunately, they didnt ruin her that much

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 04, 2010, 05:03:03 PM
Theyre not and I know its hard to see on this specific comparison. The original Queen had arms growing from her back, the AVP has the arms growing from the sides like people and animals
They are moved a bit, but still, they do stick from the almost same position in the film.

I know they didnt redesign her totally like ADI did with alien, but there are traces of ADI's devastating redesigns already. Fortunately, they didnt ruin her that much
Switch Ruin with Modify and I agree with this.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 04, 2010, 05:11:05 PM
They are moved a bit, but still, they do stick from the almost same position in the film.

Which is what I said, theyre not in the same position.

Switch Ruin with Modify and I agree with this

I think its a step down rather than improvement. Again, I can let other changes pass but not the neck. It doesnt fit her body at all. Slimming down and redesigning the neck for me sticks out like a soar thumb. I also dont see the reason why her body was changed so it resembled the body of the warrior. I know the reason given for reshaping her entire body was because they supposedly wanted to make improvement saying that the original body was the way it was because it had to fit the stuntment on which I call bull because she was always the same from the intial sketches

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 04, 2010, 05:18:26 PM
I think its a step down rather than improvement.
Nobody said it was an improvement. It was a change, like from Alien to Aliens, or from Predator to Predator 2 Creatures.

Again, I can let other changes pass but not the neck. It doesnt fit her body at all. Slimming down and redesigning the neck for me sticks out like a soar thumb.
Can't find anything wrong with it. it fits nicely the whole structure of the creature.

I also dont see the reason why her body was changed so it resembled the body of the warrior. I know the reason given for reshaping her entire body was because they supposedly wanted to make improvement saying that the original body was the way it was because it had to fit the stuntment on which I call bull because she was always the same from the intial sketches
Some punctuation here wouldn't be wasted, but anyway, if they wanted to do so, it's because they wanted something different but still recognizable as the Queen. They wanted some touch on it, and not only passing as copycats of others.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 04, 2010, 05:22:38 PM

Can't find anything wrong with it. it fits nicely the whole structure of the creature.

To each his own. I liked the neck because it had the most Giger-ish design of her entire body (this and the hands, which ironically were simplified and got rid of the design as well). As a big Giger fan, that worked for me just fine

And also, I see by your avatar that you like Godzilla which is fine, but I myself prefer the Queen to move in a very unusual way, which is the same idea that was used for the original alien, not to move like giant reptile

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

I just do not understand the complaints here. The head (apart from the spikes) was a perfect tweak IMO. The arms ? Who gives a f**k if a 20 ft creatures arms are 2mm to the right ? The body ? Never noticed. Every Alien creature design looks like a lot of random tubes and black muscle to me anyway, whats the difference ? The neck ? This I especially dont get. Theres more bitching about the neck than anywhere else and frankly I cant even spot the difference in the comparison photos.
The only part where the Aliens queen looked definitively better for me, was the feet. Thats all.
I didnt like the cg of the queen, but considering the ferocity of its actions there was no alternative at the time. Thats how it is in film making. There's usually not enough time and in Andersons case, enough of a budget aswell, to do everything the way you want it. He did a pretty good job with what he had IMO, considering he had to make a film that was appealing to new-comers of the franchise, respectfull to Pred fans (though Celtics death still pisses me off a little) and most difficult of all, respectfull to Alien fans.
He could've made Requiem, he didnt. He could've changed how both species work and directly contradicted everything about the previous movies, he didnt.
Just be thankfull then, thats it wasn't Robert Rodriguez who made the movie, or you would've been watching a Super Duper Uber Queen, who glows in the dark, has lazers for eyes, no eyebrows, four arses, a terrible fear of stamps and when she roars she sounds like Liam Neeson chasing a bunch of chickens around inside of a barrel.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Agreed.

But on predators that is one heelluva exaggeration ;) at most he is making a different tribe of preds. Its like how we British people look different to Asians, Africans ext. Which is the same way I look at the avp queen :D

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Jun 04, 2010, 05:51:34 PM
I just do not understand the complaints here.

There are no complaints, only personal preferences.

QuoteThe arms ? Who gives a f**k if a 20 ft creatures arms are 2mm to the right ?

Already explained that. Human body structure vs unearthly body structure.

QuoteThe neck ? This I especially dont get.

Already explained too. Removal of Giger's design and changing the shape to more humanoid form, not for me

QuoteHe did a pretty good job with what he had IMO

He did, no arguing here. He did a lot of wrong with that movie but did a lot of good too, unlike AVPR and AR

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 04, 2010, 05:57:46 PM
QuoteHe did a pretty good job with what he had IMO

He did, no arguing here. He did a lot of wrong with that movie but did a lot of good too, unlike AVPR and AR
Now while I agree with you on your main point he did a lot of good. I don't agree with unlike AVPR and A:R which in my opinion it is about equal but apart from that were all good

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Jun 04, 2010, 05:57:06 PM
Agreed.

But on predators that is one heelluva exaggeration ;) at most he is making a different tribe of preds. Its like how we British people look different to Asians, Africans ext. Which is the same way I look at the avp queen :D
How do you know ? He never said this. They look more (and i think are) badblood.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

"What would you like for Christmas, Mister Giger?"

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

"More open minded fans please".

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

"Sorry, I can't grant that wish. I'm not an Alien-God."

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

"S'okay, not even he could".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed