Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,185 times)

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Look what i've done...

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 03, 2010, 05:02:07 PM

AvP Queen is no less feminine than her A2 counterpart.

Well, she is a bit less feminine thats for sure. She doesnt have the slim body posture and doesnt have the thin legs or the "stiletto heels" and her torso was now very close to regular alien's

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 03, 2010, 05:09:56 PM
Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 03, 2010, 05:05:56 PM
Okay wait... please start at A for me:

Where does a Queen come from? is it canon after AvP 2010 that a regular Xeno like 6 can metamorhpose into a Queen?
Subsequent female larvae remain dormant or are killed by males... or biochemically sense that a queen exists and change into males to limit waste.

Likewise, an Alien would sense that there is no Queen and chemically change to fall into some sort of 'puberty', which results in a Queen.

Ok thanks.

But now, could also a runner do that? Or a Xeno from a Space Jockey?
Because then the whole "pure branch"- theory becomes redundant. If a Queen can also come from the metamorphosis of a "Space-Jockey-Xeno" or any other kind (Hybrid from Ox/Dog,...), then the eggs are "pure" in any case...

Valaquen

Valaquen

I have no clue. For the Runner, perhaps, but A3 seemed to be toying with the idea of a Queen Facehugger, so it sort of strays from the previous movie. As for Space Jockey Xeno, same, and we haven't even seen what this thing would look like.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Ok thanks anyways.

Yeah that Facehugger with the queen embryo kinda killed the whole thing for me... personally I like the Idea of AvP 2010's Alien campaign ending...

Master

Master

Well that gave me very good argument. Queen must take host`s traits becuse in not, then Space Jockey (which is huge creature) would kill queen without problem. And I adore super-facehugger idea from A3.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 03, 2010, 05:29:56 PM
Well, she is a bit less feminine thats for sure.
I see this is very individual.

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 03, 2010, 05:29:56 PM
She doesnt have the slim body posture and doesnt have the thin legs or the "stiletto heels" and her torso was now very close to regular alien's
Legs are no less thinner, yes, the heels were gone, the torso didn't change much if for some tweaked tubes.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

The queen facehugger from Alien3 was dumb. Esp. how the egg got there. Also the fact that it hugged twice.
I'd love to see a Space jockey queen. It'd be f**king colossal.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Jun 04, 2010, 10:36:13 AM
The queen facehugger from Alien3 was dumb. Esp. how the egg got there. Also the fact that it hugged twice.
I'd love to see a Space jockey queen. It'd be f**king colossal.
I don't really like that idea either I prefer the avp game one but each to there own I guess

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

I must say, I liked that idea aswell. Alot of folks seem to hate it though. Pity Ridley Scott didnt come up with it. Then they'd all love it. ;)

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Yer ;) I am really glad they took it out of alien3 to an extent since it was still king of in. (the normal version)

Valaquen

Valaquen

The facehugger disparity is annoying in A3, assembly cut. You can see it's a regular facehugger in the credits, yet the facehugger in the Ox scene is the Queen. Different colours. So, in the assembly cut I guess you have to assume that there are two facehuggers. The regular impregnates Ripley, the Queen impregnates the Ox. Otherwise, a regular facehugger caused the Sulaco fire, impregnated Ripley, became a Queen 'hugger, impregnated an Ox, then died.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 04, 2010, 10:32:54 AM

Legs are no less thinner, yes, the heels were gone, the torso didn't change much if for some tweaked tubes.

The torso and neck are completely redesigned - http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AlienQueen.htm

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

There should'nt have been a random egg sello-taped to the ship. I would have no problem with a facehugger (even two) attached to/being carried by the queen when it climbs into the landing gear hollow.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Tubes on the Neck are almost the same. Tweaked I'd say, not completely redesigned. The Torso has got those shoulderpad things, which in reality are a tweak of the already existing ones in the Aliens design. Otherwise the true differences are really few.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed