Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,015 times)

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

So how is a Queen formed ?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on Jun 03, 2010, 04:29:20 PM
So how is a Queen formed ?
James Cameron: An immature female, one of the first to emerge from hosts, grows to become a new queen, while males become drones or warriors. Subsequent female larvae remain dormant or are killed by males... or biochemically sense that a queen exists and change into males to limit waste. The Queen locates a nesting spot (the warmth of the atmosphere station heat exchanger level being perfect for egg incubation) and becomes sedentary. She is then tended by the males as her abdomen swells into a distended egg sac. The drones and warriors also secrete a resinous building material to line the structure, creating niches in which they may lie dormant when food supplies and/or hosts for further reproduction become depleted (i.e. when all the colonists are used up). They are discovered in this condition by the troopers, but quickly emerge when new hosts present themselves.

http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AliensFAQ.htm

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ninja'd by Valaquen... :D

Valaquen

Master

Master

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 03, 2010, 04:13:44 PM
Quote from: Master on Jun 03, 2010, 03:53:53 PM
In contrary queen do look like her host in very subtle manner. I`ll use my "great octopus example" to support it. Do you really think that octopus queen would look anything like human based queen?
Yes. Queens need to be pure in order to generate a pure branch of Aliens.
No, facehuggers and eggs have too ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

What I said basically. They need to be pure to generate a pure branch of eggs, without predator, or octopus (:D) traits.

Master

Master

They can still generate pure eggs and huggers. Like it or not but still, Queen does look more or less human in her shape. IMO, Predalien Queen would be very similar, only with mandibles. Octopus queen though would be very different.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

So its just a random female ?

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Can anybody tell me what is a pure branch of Aliens? I mean only because we have seen Aliens from human hosts the most doesn't mean that they are pure right? A Predalien can also be pure or a Xeno coming from a Space Jockey might also be pure... so then what the hell does pure mean?! Human DNA doesn't mean pure... I'm pretty certain of that.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Master on Jun 03, 2010, 04:54:43 PM
They can still generate pure eggs and huggers.
No they would not. They would have contaminated DNA, thus contaminated Eggs.

Quote from: Master on Jun 03, 2010, 04:54:43 PM
Like it or not but still, Queen does look more or less human in her shape.
AvP Queen is no less feminine than her A2 counterpart.

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 03, 2010, 04:58:44 PM
Can anybody tell me what is a pure branch of Aliens? I mean only because we have seen Aliens from human hosts the most doesn't mean that they are pure right? A Predalien can also be pure or a Xeno coming from a Space Jockey might also be pure... so then what the hell does pure mean?! Human DNA doesn't mean pure... I'm pretty certain of that.
With Aliens I meant eggs and Facehuggers.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Okay wait... please start at A for me:

Where does a Queen come from? is it canon after AvP 2010 that a regular Xeno like 6 can metamorhpose into a Queen?

Master

Master

QuoteThey would have contaminated DNA, thus contaminated Eggs.
Where did you get idea that aliens have DNA of their own? And eve if they do it is simple to explain why contaminated queen would give pure offspring. Alien gens are just stronger (host genes are recesive IMO) and that's why they are implemented into gametes (cells with only a half of genetic material used for reproduction).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Tangakkai on Jun 03, 2010, 05:05:56 PM
Where does a Queen come from?
Regular Alien which has a particular gestation inside the host and doesn't take traits.

is it canon after AvP 2010 that a regular Xeno like 6 can metamorhpose into a Queen?
AvP2010=Game=Not Canon.

Quote from: Master on Jun 03, 2010, 05:06:29 PM
Where did you get idea that aliens have DNA of their own?
They couldn't hybrid with ours in first place if they didn't.

Quote from: Master on Jun 03, 2010, 05:06:29 PM
And eve if they do it is simple to explain why contaminated queen would give pure offspring. Alien gens are just stronger (host genes are recesive IMO) and that's why they are implemented into gametes (cells with only a half of genetic material used for reproduction).
Parents give traits to sons. And Recessive traits are recessive, not absent. That would cause some to look like the Newborn for one.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Okay wait... please start at A for me:

Where does a Queen come from? is it canon after AvP 2010 that a regular Xeno like 6 can metamorhpose into a Queen?
Subsequent female larvae remain dormant or are killed by males... or biochemically sense that a queen exists and change into males to limit waste.

Likewise, an Alien would sense that there is no Queen and chemically change to fall into some sort of 'puberty', which results in a Queen.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Bunch a' trannies. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed