Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,211 times)

The Old One

The Old One

So, it never articulated it? You sure? Perhaps it does but we never realised because of the perspective.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 20, 2019, 11:52:01 AM
So, it never articulated it? You sure? Perhaps it does but we never realised because of the perspective.
I can't see it in any of the Alien footage that made the final cut. This shot would have been a perfect opportunity for the articulation of the face:

Perhaps there's deleted creature footage where the movement was used. It's interesting that Carlo Rambaldi once said that he gave the director a lot more options for movement with the articulated head - much more than what ended up in the final edit.

Gash

Gash

I'm glad it didn't, I think the front of the head squirming about independently would have looked pretty bad.

The Old One

The Old One

Instead, why not just turn slightly?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Gash on Nov 24, 2019, 08:56:04 PM
I'm glad it didn't, I think the front of the head squirming about independently would have looked pretty bad.
Nothing too vigorous, but some subtle movement of the face as it glances at Lambert, or when studying Jones in his container, may have contributed to making the creature footage a little more believable.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 24, 2019, 09:28:22 PM
Quote from: Gash on Nov 24, 2019, 08:56:04 PM
Nothing too vigorous, but some subtle movement of the face as it glances at Lambert, or when studying Jones in his container, may have contributed to making the creature footage a little more believable.

I think in this light and in as quick cuts as those were, it works perfectly

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

A heap of rare, previously unseen images of the Alien have been uploaded at The Nostromo Unplugged.

This stuff should have been in the Rinzler book.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They're all from the auction, I believe.

SiL

SiL

They're amazing. A lot from the Brett and Parker/Lambert scenes.

The Old One

The Old One

Gorgeous stuff, yeah.

SM

SM

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 20, 2019, 11:39:33 AM

Interestingly, the Alien's face had independent movement of the head; it could glance sideways or up and down - like the later (1986) Queen Alien.

The 1/2 inch thick plastic carapace may have been flexible enough to make this possible. Sadly, this additional movement - along with the subtle bulging of the throat, can't be seen in the finished film.

Thankfully. The articulated front is in the making of docos and it really does not look right at all.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2019, 09:19:48 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 20, 2019, 11:39:33 AM

Interestingly, the Alien's face had independent movement of the head; it could glance sideways or up and down - like the later (1986) Queen Alien.

The 1/2 inch thick plastic carapace may have been flexible enough to make this possible. Sadly, this additional movement - along with the subtle bulging of the throat, can't be seen in the finished film.

Thankfully. The articulated front is in the making of docos and it really does not look right at all.
Where is it and which documentary?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

Ha, I used to do that a lot.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed