Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,099 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 08, 2018, 06:42:46 AM

That scene in particular is one of my favourite extensions in the Special Edition. The stuff it reinstates is all split-second quick cuts, but the little additions really improve the whole sequence. I particularly love the distorted reflection of the Alien dropping from the vent seen on a piece of medical equipment.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I don't think that scene is in the special edition.  There is one shot that's really cool where you see a bed sagging down from the weight of the alien, that's a really creepy shot. 

I also like how they barely show the alien in this sequence, it's one of my favourite scenes in the saga.

SM

SM

There's closeups of Golic struggling on the bed, but no wide shot of the shadow on the wall.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wish we had more head-less pictures of the various suit performers. I'd love to see one of Roy from Aliens.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The thick layer of slime really picks out the raised details on the suit. It must have been an impressive sight for the actor - and everybody else on set.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Colonial Marines concept art, not sure who the artist is.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jan 12, 2018, 04:44:36 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Regardless of my thoughts of Covenant or my desire to see the Alien return to a more bio-mechanical design... I can't deny that is a very nice suit.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 18, 2018, 06:22:47 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Colonial Marines concept art, not sure who the artist is.

ACM had some fantastic concept art. I know Craig Mullins worked on it but I don't think he did this specific piece. Maybe Pablo Palomeque?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Woodruff turned 59 at the weekend.

More gorgeous artwork from Plunkett.

Immortan Jonesy

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Cover for the Aliens: Genocide novel:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't think I'll ever get sick of that Genocide cover. One of my favourite Aliens art pieces.

by terra-icognita-topos.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The Alien assumes full potential...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed