Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,272 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Oct 12, 2016, 01:06:06 PM
https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/alien-ripley-main.jpg

Possibly my favorite Alien moment. The time finally comes for Ripley. So she thinks...

*1,161st post ;)

Nerd  :P It is one of the most iconic images from Alien, I think. Such a great scene.

This is absolutely gorgeous! By Chris Lovell. Prints go for sale on his website soon: http://www.christopherlovell.com/shop

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2016, 07:43:18 AM
Nerd  :P It is one of the most iconic images from Alien, I think. Such a great scene.

This is absolutely gorgeous! By Chris Lovell. Prints go for sale on his website soon: http://www.christopherlovell.com/shop

Great image. The detail is astounding.

SiL

SiL

I'm trying to work on an A/P/AvP video project in my spare time and was going through ALIEN with a fine-tooth comb.

Love it.

Also your useless trivia for the day: The Alien is on-screen - like, literally visible on screen - for all of 3 minutes 45 seconds and 19 frames (at 25fps). And that's including shots where you can see light on its dome in the vents, or one or two frames where it's visible in the background as Ripley runs into the closet on the shuttle, or shots where just parts of its body are in frame.

Kaltes

Kaltes

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Oct 15, 2016, 06:06:55 AM
I'm trying to work on an A/P/AvP video project in my spare time and was going through ALIEN with a fine-tooth comb.

Love it.

Also your useless trivia for the day: The Alien is on-screen - like, literally visible on screen - for all of 3 minutes 45 seconds and 19 frames (at 25fps). And that's including shots where you can see light on its dome in the vents, or one or two frames where it's visible in the background as Ripley runs into the closet on the shuttle, or shots where just parts of its body are in frame.
Is that for the TC or DC?

SiL

SiL

TC, specifically the adult.

The still frame is from when it stands up after Ripley encounters it blocking the way to the shuttle.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Oct 15, 2016, 12:03:40 PM
TC, specifically the adult.

The still frame is from when it stands up after Ripley encounters it blocking the way to the shuttle.
I know.What are these shots of light reflected off the Alien dome in the vents you mentioned? Do you mean the sudden reveal with Dallas?

It would be interesting to know the screen time for the adult in the DC (2003 & 2010 versions)-considering there is one shot exclusive to it and another alternate scene with Jones.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 15, 2016, 01:48:27 PM

It would be interesting to know the screen time for the adult in the DC (2003 & 2010 versions)-considering there is one shot exclusive to it and another alternate scene with Jones.

That shot with the alien hanging on the chains is cool but it should be left out.  It ruins the suspense of that scene.

Never liked the shot where it swipes away Jones, either.  Better it be kept ambiguous.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Scorpio on Oct 15, 2016, 03:19:00 PM

That shot with the alien hanging on the chains is cool but it should be left out.  It ruins the suspense of that scene.

Never liked the shot where it swipes away Jones, either.  Better it be kept ambiguous.
Agreed.The extended reveal of the Alien in the DC just before Brett's attack,shows far too much too soon.Perhaps something similar may have been more appropriate later in the film,for the Parker/Lambert encounter.

I preferred the TC version of the scene where the Alien inspects Jones in his cat box.The only problem I have with this is the film's score abruptly cuts off-something the (longer) alternate take fixed.

SiL

SiL

I know.What are these shots of light reflected off the Alien dome in the vents you mentioned? Do you mean the sudden reveal with Dallas?
Yeah, you see the light on its head before he actually turns around.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Twas the 23rd anniversary of the London opening of Alien War on Saturday!

serbip1

serbip1

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 17, 2016, 08:50:11 AM
Twas the 23rd anniversary of the London opening of Alien War on Saturday!

neat...

Kaltes

Kaltes

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Tristan Jones - the talented bastard! I love Defiance's artwork!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed