Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,175 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 03, 2016, 12:25:31 PM
Is this how you spend your evenings..?  Trawling the internet for pictures of space monsters?  You always seem to be digging up new stuff. 

I check this site often...

http://linguafoeda-acheronsis.tumblr.com/archive

Bughunter S. Thomson

Bughunter S. Thomson

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 03, 2016, 05:53:33 PM
Is this how you spend your evenings..?  Trawling the internet for pictures of space monsters?  You always seem to be digging up new stuff. 

There is a lot of cool stuff there. Cheers for the link!

serbip1

serbip1

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 03, 2016, 05:53:33 PM

I'd like a Predator website like that..

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 03, 2016, 12:34:02 PM
That's a pretty amazing image... 

Love it.  Keep it up.  lol

-Windebieste.
There's plenty of great stuff out there.

There's a rarely seen variation of this image,slightly out-of-focus,as it's about to rise,in an old FANGORIA magazine from 1992 but I don't have a scanner,so this more common image will do.

That image also appears as a double page spread in the 'Book of ALIEN'. ...and I think on the '79 calendar, too.

It's amazing how much stuff keeps becoming available.  I'm wondering what the content of Bob Penn's book will deliver.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that item be released! 

The old Tsukuda Hobby figure boxes from '95 and '97 have some amazing pics of the critter on their sides, too.  I've been meaning to scan and post them.  Got to get a scanner first - or at the very least, remember to take one of these boxes to someone who's got one. 

Actually, I'll try and remember to do that this weekend.

Work, damn you, brain.  Work!  *Don't forget!*  Take one of your weird arse Japanese Aliens in a box to Garry's place to scan some photos.  lol.

-Windebieste.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Kaltes on Oct 03, 2016, 05:03:11 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 03, 2016, 12:18:06 PM
http://imgur.com/y7Q8qok.jpg

Cool.

Is that a behind the scenes shot or just an unused angle not in the movie?

Here's a screen-grab from actual footage of something very similar.It looks like the image I posted earlier could be in between takes on the set during the deleted crab walk sequence.

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 03, 2016, 08:16:49 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 03, 2016, 12:34:02 PM
That's a pretty amazing image... 

Love it.  Keep it up.  lol

-Windebieste.
There's plenty of great stuff out there.

There's a rarely seen variation of this image,slightly out-of-focus,as it's about to rise,in an old FANGORIA magazine from 1992 but I don't have a scanner,so this more common image will do.

That image also appears as a double page spread in the 'Book of ALIEN'. ...and I think on the '79 calendar, too.

It's amazing how much stuff keeps becoming available.  I'm wondering what the content of Bob Penn's book will deliver.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that item be released! 

The old Tsukuda Hobby figure boxes from '95 and '97 have some amazing pics of the critter on their sides, too.  I've been meaning to scan and post them.  Got to get a scanner first - or at the very least, remember to take one of these boxes to someone who's got one. 

Actually, I'll try and remember to do that this weekend.

Work, damn you, brain.  Work!  *Don't forget!*  Take one of your weird arse Japanese Aliens in a box to Garry's place to scan some photos.  lol.

-Windebieste.
That profile shot of the Alien also appears in one of the two fold-out ALIEN poster magazines.I heard a third was planned but never happened?

windebieste

windebieste

Ya.  I think you're right. I should see if I can find those posters I have them both but they've been in storage for decades now; and that image probably appears on the cover of the 2nd issue, iirc, or otherwise somewhere inside the 2nd issue. 

Once again, yes.  To my knowledge, there were only 2 issues - but the US printings and the UK printings had some design changes.  Not sure how extensive, though.  I doubt the image and text content were any different but I know there was definitely some layout design aterations made.  Certainly, the price printed on them differed - that's for sure.  lol.

Also, there's this. 

Oooooh...  Sooo beewtifahl!  *SQUEEE!!!*  :D

EDiT:

Here's the UK editions of the 1st and 2nd posters:

I'm absolutely certain the US variant editions use a red ALIEN title banner instead of a green one. 

-Windebieste.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The green ones are cooler. Good looks.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 03, 2016, 10:37:25 PM
Ya.  I think you're right. I should see if I can find those posters I have them both but they've been in storage for decades now; and that image probably appears on the cover of the 2nd issue, iirc, or otherwise somewhere inside the 2nd issue. 

Once again, yes.  To my knowledge, there were only 2 issues - but the US printings and the UK printings had some design changes.  Not sure how extensive, though.  I doubt the image and text content were any different but I know there was definitely some layout design aterations made.  Certainly, the price printed on them differed - that's for sure.  lol.

Also, there's this. 

Oooooh...  Sooo beewtifahl!  *SQUEEE!!!*  :D

EDiT:

Here's the UK editions of the 1st and 2nd posters:

https://spacemonstersmag.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/alien-poster-mag-1.jpg

I'm absolutely certain the US variant editions use a red ALIEN title banner instead of a green one. 

-Windebieste.
I have both.Picked them up for $15:00 each-a bargain.

I'm also looking forward to the new Bob Penn book.His production stills for ALIEN are absolutely gorgeous and reveal far more detail than can be seen in the film.

I hope they include the contact sheets showing the set-up for the Parker/Lambert corpse reveal-my holy grail.

Bughunter S. Thomson

Bughunter S. Thomson

"We have such sights to show you"

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I really want to watch Hellraiser but I can't bring myself to do it.

Bughunter S. Thomson

Bughunter S. Thomson

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 05, 2016, 12:39:23 PM
I really want to watch Hellriser but I can't bring myself to do it.

Why not?

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I just never seemed to have the extra motivation to pick it up. Still would like to see the original (at least).

426Buddy

426Buddy

Hellraiser 1 is cool, some great effects.

Hellbound is watchable

The rest are terrible.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Bughunter S. Thomson on Oct 05, 2016, 12:41:54 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 05, 2016, 12:39:23 PM
I really want to watch Hellriser but I can't bring myself to do it.

Why not?

I'm not really into gore and from what I've read there's a lot of it in Hellraiser.

Bughunter S. Thomson

Bughunter S. Thomson

It is what it is. The first was good for the time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed