Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,632,974 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Sep 17, 2016, 06:01:18 PMNope. The dissection itself was left as-is in the Special Edition, with only pictures of the dummy being released. I've always found this a tad peculiar given how the original version is highlighted in the doc and commentary, but perhaps they were trying to exercise a certain amount of restraint in altering existing material from the theatrical version. Charles de Lauzirika did say there were some elements that just couldn't be found, as well.

You also have to ask the question whether a gorier, more unpleasant version of the scene would in any way benefit the movie.

Personally, I don't think it would. It's upsetting enough as it is, and probably works better with most of the carnage implied off screen and seen through Ripley's reactions rather than being shown front and centre anyway.

Kaltes

Kaltes

Vermillion

Vermillion

Guy in suit! 
I called it!

;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 16, 2016, 09:20:06 PM
I've always wanted to see the unedited confrontation between Ripley,the creature and the iron bar down in the basement.

I love Alien 3 but I always hated that sequence. After they cut to the iron pipe, it just looks so obviously not the Alien.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 18, 2016, 02:23:34 PM
You also have to ask the question whether a gorier, more unpleasant version of the scene would in any way benefit the movie.

Personally, I don't think it would. It's upsetting enough as it is, and probably works better with most of the carnage implied off screen and seen through Ripley's reactions rather than being shown front and centre anyway.

I'm a bit on the squeemish side (I know, I know. I think it's just pro) so I actually really hate the autopsy. I also hate seeing the various dummy images as well so that would have done absolutely nothing for me.  :-\

Quote from: Kaltes on Sep 18, 2016, 05:51:09 PM

That is easily one of my favourite images of the Alien.

Mike Worrall's artwork for Alien 3.

Stephen Youll's cover art for Aliens - Steel Egg.

John Bolton's artwork for the Aliens: Stronghold TBP.

The chap's at ADI working on the suits for Alien 3.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 19, 2016, 07:52:46 AMI love Alien 3 but I always hated that sequence. After they cut to the iron pipe, it just looks so obviously not the Alien.

I think that's kind of the point. Ripley was hallucinating that it was there.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's how I've always understood it but I don't think it's put across in the film. At all.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 19, 2016, 08:07:40 AM
That's how I've always understood it but I don't think it's put across in the film. At all.
I liked it when she fractures the pipe and the lice spill out.It reminds me of the abandoned idea for the maggots in the brain case of the original creature.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 19, 2016, 08:07:40 AM

The first time I saw the film, I didn't notice it.

It kinda harkens back to the original (and Aliens), where the alien can blend into the background. 

I love that shot of the alien, too, and the whole scene is very dark and creepy (like Brett on the Nostromo).

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 18, 2016, 02:23:34 PM
Quote from: Bad Replicant on Sep 17, 2016, 06:01:18 PMNope. The dissection itself was left as-is in the Special Edition, with only pictures of the dummy being released. I've always found this a tad peculiar given how the original version is highlighted in the doc and commentary, but perhaps they were trying to exercise a certain amount of restraint in altering existing material from the theatrical version. Charles de Lauzirika did say there were some elements that just couldn't be found, as well.

No no, I agree, it wouldn't be a benefit. And I'm sure that was part of the logic in removing it.

My curiosity stems in part from it being talked up enough in the extras, with no hide nor hair of it on display, to wonder how the extra coverage might've looked or changed the dynamics. After all, some of the stuff trimmed from the dog-bursting -- the sack ripping through Spike, followed by the alien flopping onto the floor covered in gore and puss -- is brought up and shown, and that's pretty bloody disgusting as well. :D

In any case, it's more just about wondering what a version with everything would run like. If some newly discovered footage of Aaron playing Connect Four with Andrews was uncovered tomorrow I'd probably muse about that for a few posts as well. 

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

I would be more than thrilled to see every moment of excised gore from each film,but sadly I don't think it will ever happen.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Nostromo

Nostromo

Nice pictures.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 20, 2016, 07:40:02 AMhttp://imgur.com/TdNN3wj.jpg
You Talking To Me?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 19, 2016, 07:52:46 AM

That is easily one of my favourite images of the Alien.

That is a awesome picture.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed