Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,076 times)

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 13, 2016, 08:19:42 AM

"Don't mind me, just havin' a snack!"

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Sep 15, 2016, 05:32:29 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Sep 14, 2016, 09:09:15 PM
Strange,I never noticed that.Boggs was the black guy with the cross tattoo on his forehead,right?

Or it could be a deleted/alternate shot of the guy that got killed just before Boggs?

Yep, Edward 'There's a right to say "shit", it ain't against God' Boggs.

Weird thing is they did have a head cast for him, too. Don't have a link on hand but there are pictures of it. I always assumed that for whatever reason on that day the Boggs head was unusable and an extra Clemens was subbed in, knowing it wouldn't be seen too clearly. Or something.
I think it may have been the A3 doc,but there was footage of Mr Dutton having his head cast-presumably for a close-up shot of an onscreen head-bite that never happened in the film?

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Yeah, they made one of him too. It was meant for his death as it was written in an earlier draft of the script, another bit which was changed during filming.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Sep 14, 2016, 09:03:19 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Sep 13, 2016, 08:19:42 AM

Anyone else ever notice Charles Dance's head cast standing in for Boggs in this photo?

I'm guessing the reason for that is due to reshooting that scene.  Originally they shot a different sequence in which Golic envisions the Alien as a firey dragon.  I assume they shot what we see in film at a later date perhaps?

QuoteThe survivor Golic -- a violent, but simple-minded convict -- envisions the alien monster as a fiery dragon. Woodruff, wearing the suit, was placed on a platform with flame bars in front and back of him. " Alec was lying down on the platform next to me -- wrapped in a blanket to protect himself -- working the mechanical tail. The cameras would roll and I would just go as long as i could before the heat became too intense. When I couldn't go any longer, I would stop and they would cut all the fire and then come in with squirt bottles and spray me down..."

- Alien Effects Book Tom Woodruff Jr.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've always loved that fire imagery whenever I've seen it described. Wish they'd left it in.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Sep 15, 2016, 02:21:07 PM
I'm guessing the reason for that is due to reshooting that scene.  Originally they shot a different sequence in which Golic envisions the Alien as a firey dragon.  I assume they shot what we see in film at a later date perhaps?

Y'know, you could very well be right. I'd read about that bit in your blog before, but never figured that the version in the movie might've been shot later on. Paul McGann mentioned being involved in some of the reshoots as well, could've been part of that.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 15, 2016, 08:15:20 PM
I've always loved that fire imagery whenever I've seen it described. Wish they'd left it in.

Or at least included a bit of it in the extras. It's certainly a cool idea and I'd love to see how it looked on film. Maybe Charles de Lauzirika can throw some of it in (along with the complete Newt autopsy) as an easter egg on the 4D Holovision release. :P

Pansegrau goodness.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ Yes, yes and yes to everything above! I have heard about the complete Newt autopsy scene being shown to the FOX executives and they pretty much said there was no way it would pass screenings or rating boards so they had to really cut it down. No pun intended.

Kaltes

Kaltes

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Sep 16, 2016, 04:13:26 AM
^ Yes, yes and yes to everything above! I have heard about the complete Newt autopsy scene being shown to the FOX executives and they pretty much said there was no way it would pass screenings or rating boards so they had to really cut it down. No pun intended.

I've always wanted to see the uncut version of that scene.  Is it available?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

I've always wanted to see the unedited confrontation between Ripley,the creature and the iron bar down in the basement.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 16, 2016, 05:38:21 PM

Sadly, I don't know for sure. I imagine deep in the FOX vaults that particular uncut version is just sitting there.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 16, 2016, 05:38:21 PM

Nope. The dissection itself was left as-is in the Special Edition, with only pictures of the dummy being released. I've always found this a tad peculiar given how the original version is highlighted in the doc and commentary, but perhaps they were trying to exercise a certain amount of restraint in altering existing material from the theatrical version. Charles de Lauzirika did say there were some elements that just couldn't be found, as well.

There's also the other little bits scattered throughout the bootlegged workprint that aren't present in either other version, such as the extra dialogue between Aaron and the company men when they arrive, and Ripley's extended deliberation at the end. Wish we had gotten everything, but the SE is a great treat nonetheless.

Vermillion

Vermillion

g2vd

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed