Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,109 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Dragon. Not an ant. Dragon. ;)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Aug 19, 2016, 05:22:47 PM
First time I saw Alien 3, I was 9.  The whole Boggs and Rains scene gave me nightmares for months.  Easily my favourite design too

http://24.media.tumblr.com/7a76a3dd7c53f60bccb0f992ff52cd49/tumblr_mx8uylWfAa1sl5hsfo1_500.gif
That's a great shot,it looked fantastic on the big screen.Really left an impression on me after leaving the cinema.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Master

Master

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 19, 2016, 12:53:30 PM
I just don't dig the designs, last time I actually liked an alien design was Alien3. Gillis and AMD have said they felt they had enhanced Gigers vision for the creature when it really only dilutes it imo.

I'd say they looked decent in AvP. Changed legs and more classic  dark metallic colour did fine job with A:R  mould. I admit hands should have been changed too and more biomechanical touch would have been nice, but in the end effect was really good. AvP:R though,  different story all together.

Scorpio

Scorpio

I didn't think the aliens in AVP looked as good as they did in Alien Resurrection, but they still looked great. 

Xenomania

Xenomania

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but I was wondering does anyone have a "clean" version of the alien head they used for the cover of Alien Trilogy? :)

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 21, 2016, 02:36:48 PM
I didn't think the aliens in AVP looked as good as they did in Alien Resurrection, but they still looked great.

In AVP they looked extra slimy.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: Xenomania on Aug 21, 2016, 04:34:59 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but I was wondering does anyone have a "clean" version of the alien head they used for the cover of Alien Trilogy? :)

Technically the text could be removed, I may give it a shot tomorow if no one responds to you(and if I don't forget which usually happens :P)

Master

Master

Must serch my hard drive but I was using it in my signature.

Xenomania

Xenomania

Quote from: Master on Aug 21, 2016, 04:54:31 PMMust serch my hard drive but I was using it in my signature.
I was thinking of making it my avatar. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I believe it's one of the A3 publicity shots but I'm not sure. I'll have a gander through my saves and see if I have it.

Surprising amount of people on Facebook arguing that Giger designed the Queen.

Weaver and her see-through top at the Alien 3 premiere.

Xenomania

Xenomania

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 21, 2016, 06:20:03 PMI believe it's one of the A3 publicity shots but I'm not sure. I'll have a gander through my saves and see if I have it.
Could be, considering the lips and all. Well, hope someone can find it! ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomania on Aug 22, 2016, 10:49:46 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 21, 2016, 06:20:03 PMI believe it's one of the A3 publicity shots but I'm not sure. I'll have a gander through my saves and see if I have it.
Could be, considering the lips and all. Well, hope someone can find it! ;)

It's definitely from Alien 3 - just meant I thought it might be a publicity still. Closest I can think of is this shot:

I think this was a cover for one of the books.

windebieste

windebieste

It was used on the cover of 'Cinefex' No.50.

Then later the same image was used on the Titan 'ALIEN - The Special Effects' book.

Don Shae the author of the book is the editor of 'Cinefex'.  I actually bought a copy of the book recently - it hasn't arrived yet.  I am anticipating it will largely reprint articles from earlier Cinefex issue No.s: 1 ('ALIEN'), 25 ('ALIENS') and 50 (ALIEN 3'), I believe.

-Windebieste.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 22, 2016, 11:38:50 AM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/alienanthology/images/9/9a/Alien_-_The_Special_Effects.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120921033555

Don Shae the author of the book is the editor of 'Cinefex'.  I actually bought a copy of the book recently - it hasn't arrived yet.  I am anticipating it will largely reprint articles from earlier Cinefex issue No.s: 1 ('ALIEN'), 25 ('ALIENS') and 50 (ALIEN 3'), I believe.

-Windebieste.

I read this back in university (they had it in the art library) and it's indeed reprints of Cinefex articles detailing Alien, Aliens and Alien 3. Pretty indispensable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed