Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,186 times)

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2016, 03:16:37 PM

Looks like the main base area in AVP2! I remember climbing those towers with a Predator :) Cool.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2016, 03:16:37 PM
Concept art by Michael Zimmerman for Aliens: Crucible.

Damn, I never heard of Aliens: Crucible :( Too bad it was cancelled, hope someone takes on a similar project someday.

"Aliens: Crucible is a role-playing game for PC's, X360 and PS3 originally developed by Obsidian Entertainment and first announced by Sega on December 13, 2006.

Simon Jeffery, president of Sega, said:

"...With Obsidian Entertainment's development pedigree, they were our first choice to bring the Alien franchise to the RPG universe. They are the only developer for us that could effectively combine the Alien mythology with compelling RPG gameplay to create the ultimate Alien experience."
Feargus Urquhart, CEO of Obsidian Entertainment also said:

"We are thrilled to be working with the great production and publishing teams at Sega to deliver the ultimate in-depth Alien experience to gamers worldwide. Building an epic RPG with a license as heralded as the Alien franchise is truly a great honor."
Unlike the majority of RPG or dragon games online, Crucible would have been set apart by its unique gameworld. The dark, brooding Alien universe would have been unique to RPG games.

Unfortunately, when AvP was announced in February 2009, Sega announced that development on the game had been "indefinitely suspended". No reason had been given. It was reported that several employees at Obsidian had lost their jobs. The game was officially cancelled in June 2009. Both Sega and Obsidian confirmed it and Obsidian removed their Aliens RPG forum shortly after."

Now this thing is just sick and eerie:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Surprise, motherf**ker!

Nostromo

Nostromo

Awesome original pic. Might have to watch A3 this weekend, been a while.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 01, 2016, 05:22:41 PM
Damn, I never heard of Aliens: Crucible :( Too bad it was cancelled, hope someone takes on a similar project someday.

I don't believe it was hitting the milestones. Could have just been another Colonial Marines. I can't say any of the footage released massively thrilled me about it. I always thought it was an odd concept.

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 03, 2016, 07:42:27 AM
Awesome original pic. Might have to watch A3 this weekend, been a while.

I keep meaning to watch the Workprint. I still haven't gotten around to it.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2016, 07:17:31 AM

Surprise, motherf**ker!
The behaviour between this Alien and the original is interestingly different,in a similar attack Brett is allowed a moment to face his killer whilst Andrews is suddenly attacked without warning. 

SiL

SiL

Brett was alone, this Alien was attacking in a room full of crowded people.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And Fincher did want the Runner to be a more feral beast.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Elmazalman on Aug 03, 2016, 09:48:43 AMThe behaviour between this Alien and the original is interestingly different,in a similar attack Brett is allowed a moment to face his killer whilst Andrews is suddenly attacked without warning.

Dallas was snatched suddenly in a comparable manner.

Xenomania

Xenomania

Surprise, motherf**ker!
Getting nice Isolation vibes from this. ;)

Kaltes

Kaltes

Surprise, motherf**ker!

Ceiling Xenomorph is watching you...

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 03, 2016, 11:49:36 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Aug 03, 2016, 09:48:43 AMThe behaviour between this Alien and the original is interestingly different,in a similar attack Brett is allowed a moment to face his killer whilst Andrews is suddenly attacked without warning.

Dallas was snatched suddenly in a comparable manner.
I forgot about prisoner David,he's allowed to turn round and see what's confronting him before he's head-bitten as Brett was earlier.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Surprise, motherf**ker!
I remember the first time while watching this scene; WTF just happened?!!? Definitely did not expect that! 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm pretty sure that scene was spoiled for me by a trailer, TV spot or review.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed