Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,051 times)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Kaltes on Jul 01, 2016, 08:03:32 PM

Hmmm, to get that sitting pose, I guess that central upper fin on the aliens back had to be removed?  That fin really limits the alien's head mobility.  If I had to fight an alien, I would definitely try to twist the neck.  Great leverage.  And that would probably be the last thing I would ever attempt.   ;D

Looks awesome.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 02, 2016, 07:10:41 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 01, 2016, 05:21:06 PM

That is just spectacular.

It is. Great work

Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 26, 2016, 11:03:48 PM
This is just stunning

Just got the issue yesterday, great read, not your usual stuff, cool questions. And a lot of them too

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 02, 2016, 01:13:43 PM
Quote from: Kaltes on Jul 01, 2016, 08:03:32 PM

Hmmm, to get that sitting pose, I guess that central upper fin on the aliens back had to be removed?  That fin really limits the alien's head mobility.  If I had to fight an alien, I would definitely try to twist the neck.  Great leverage.  And that would probably be the last thing I would ever attempt.   ;D

Looks awesome.

Locusta's work is unmatched, but I prefer his model of the original versus the Cameron version.  There's just something about the canopy and the mouth of the original that makes it so perfect.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The only complaint I can possibly make about his Aliens warrior is that he's left off the arm blades. They always seem to get missed out in reproductions of the design (be it artwork, figures or video game models) and it's a real shame, because I love the look of them.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jul 02, 2016, 07:25:46 PM
Just got the issue yesterday, great read, not your usual stuff, cool questions. And a lot of them too

Any chance you could scan it up?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Another Aliens magazine cover - this time, Aliens: Rogue art by Duncan Fegredo.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Love the aliens magazine covers, wish they were more readily available. I would love to get my hands on them lol.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 03, 2016, 07:59:06 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Jul 02, 2016, 07:25:46 PM

Any chance you could scan it up?

Unfortunately no, my printer/scanner broke down some time ago and I didnt really need it. Its a nice read, 9 pages in total. Hes asked about not hiring Giger, his apology letter to him, not talking to Ridley before doing the film, how would he do the Queen differently today, that being stylistically/visually consistent with Ridleys style of the first film was top priority, about casting, meeting Carrie Henn after years and more

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'd like to see how Giger would have designed the queen.  Imagine the lips she would have had.

Vermillion

Vermillion

She'd of been based on a vagina.

Kaltes

Kaltes

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I do love that skull. I just think those empty sockets are a wonderful design element.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 03, 2016, 11:47:23 AMLove the aliens magazine covers, wish they were more readily available. I would love to get my hands on them lol.

Yeah, it took me quite a while and more than a couple of quid to get the whole set. Worth it though :)

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Kaltes on Jul 04, 2016, 06:58:25 AM

Looks like my angry turd this morning!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed