Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,005 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looks like. The chap at the front seems to be the only one on the floor.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah they are, but consider the thing was suspended on a big rig so they could lower it as much as they wanted

Bughunter S. Thomson

Bughunter S. Thomson

Anyone know what this image is from? It looks like the original costume but Ive never seen this photo before.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Look at the limb joints - it's a figure.

Bughunter S. Thomson

Bughunter S. Thomson

Haha just noticed the ball joints

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:) Still a neat image.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Another gorgeous piece by Benoit Godde who did the fantastic Shuttle Failed to Escape that did the rounds last year.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 11, 2016, 05:09:40 PM
It seems every time they have a new Alien film, someone thinks they have an obligation to evolve the look of the alien.  It's the same stupid mentality as "new and improved cola".  I call BS.  Cameron was the last person to do it well, and even then it was a stab at the genius of Giger.  Just leave the bugs alone already..
Giger apparently liked it though.
Quote"It's all beautifully done, everything, the designs and the way they're executed. As far as the designs are concerned, I have no criticism" - H.R. Giger about the design of Aliens in ALIENS. Cinefantastique Magazine May 1988

426Buddy

426Buddy

Spoiler
[close]

;D

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: g2vd on Jun 20, 2016, 10:42:31 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 11, 2016, 05:09:40 PM
It seems every time they have a new Alien film, someone thinks they have an obligation to evolve the look of the alien.  It's the same stupid mentality as "new and improved cola".  I call BS.  Cameron was the last person to do it well, and even then it was a stab at the genius of Giger.  Just leave the bugs alone already..
Giger apparently liked it though.
Quote"It's all beautifully done, everything, the designs and the way they're executed. As far as the designs are concerned, I have no criticism" - H.R. Giger about the design of Aliens in ALIENS. Cinefantastique Magazine May 1988

The point I was making is that Cameron's Queen was the first and last good attempt at reinventing the alien.  It made sense quite simply.  Everyone else just sort of mucked it up.  I think Cameron's queen is awesome.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 20, 2016, 03:54:02 PM
Spoiler
[close]

;D

Funnily enough I'm pretty sure that's not the first time that image has cropped up on here :laugh:

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jun 20, 2016, 04:55:14 PMThe point I was making is that Cameron's Queen was the first and last good attempt at reinventing the alien.

Nonsense, the Alien taking on quadruped traits from its host in the third film was just as awesome and still fit nicely with what we'd seen before.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Absolutely gorgeous. Via Ross at WY Bulletin. By this chap: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3L1ZB

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

QuoteTrue story: Chris Cunningham did these two designs on the same page. The dumpy guy on the bottom was done in jest. We presented the one on top, but the director liked the one on the bottom. That set the tone for the development of the Newborn Alien. #waddyagonnado?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Lol.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That was my reaction too.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed