Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,044 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

426Buddy

426Buddy

How funny! I just saw that pic yesterday when I was reading articles on Strange Shapes.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I wonder how probable vs. improbable that scene is.  I mean it's not gravity that is pulling the queen down.  She is in geo-synchronous orbit over LV-426 just like the Sulaco is.  It's mostly an escaping wind issue isn't it?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Like how the Queen's head is on the wall in the background like a Predator trophy :laugh:

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Looks like one of the Starship Troopers bugs in the top right area, one of the arachnid ones

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 10, 2016, 08:35:00 AM

I really want to like the AVPR warrior design, I really do, but the mouth pisses me off so much, also that arachnid from SST in the background

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's the overbite that killed the head for me. It's not always so prominent but I can never not notice is.

I love Starship Troopers. It still holds us to this day.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 10, 2016, 09:44:41 PM
It's the overbite that killed the head for me. It's not always so prominent but I can never not notice is.

Did they ever explain why they gave the aliens overbites?

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Also the fat necks where Tom Woodruff's head goes. And I hate the flat cockroach shape at the back of the head even though it is slightly more rounded on the AvPR heads. Half the reason I don't want Blomkamp's Alien 5 is cause I'd be so sad to see another iteration of their Alien

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

It seems every time they have a new Alien film, someone thinks they have an obligation to evolve the look of the alien.  It's the same stupid mentality as "new and improved cola".  I call BS.  Cameron was the last person to do it well, and even then it was a stab at the genius of Giger.  Just leave the bugs alone already..

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 10, 2016, 09:44:41 PMI love Starship Troopers. It still holds us to this day.

It's one of those rare 90s movies where the CGI still looks great.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Whats that top image with the marine and alien from Corporal?

SiL

SiL

Concept art for A:CM.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed