Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,002 times)

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2016, 08:52:46 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 15, 2016, 08:03:54 PM
Quote from: chainsawsquirrel on Apr 15, 2016, 05:03:29 PM
Since when was the alien from Alien: Isolation named 'Stompy'? I get it, but when did that happen?

I believe AVPG member SizzyBubbles was the lady responsible for emasculating the Alien Isolation alien.

It was indeed, Sizzy.

INDEED T'WAS I.

windebieste

windebieste

Haha... That's very nice.  Mind you, the name 'Stompy' seems to have appeared in many places simultaneously.  It may have multiple origins.  I don't think we'll ever really know where the name first originated.

Which reminds me... does any one know where the word 'Yautja' comes from?  Does it come from comics or is it a fan generated name or does it have some other source?

-Windebiese.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: windebieste on May 05, 2016, 01:08:03 AM
Haha... That's very nice.  Mind you, the name 'Stompy' seems to have appeared in many places simultaneously.  It may have multiple origins.  I don't think we'll ever really know where the name first originated.

Which reminds me... does any one know where the word 'Yautja' comes from?  Does it come from comics or is it a fan generated name or does it have some other source?

-Windebiese.

Hey Windebieste.  (Looking forward to some new cards!  Those are awesome...)

Apparently Yautja, which was supposedly supposed to be pronounced ee-what-jah came from the novel adaptation of the first Aliens vs. Predator comic series.  It wasn't in the comics but one of the Perrys did a novelization and that's where the name appeared.  Not everyone is a fan of the term.  I'm pretty meh about it.

windebieste

windebieste

So it has an EU origin.  I'm fine with that. 

As for the cards you refer to, I'm glad you like 'em; but here's a hint.  I'm not driving the posting on that experimental Project forward.

You are.   ;)

-Windebieste.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thanatos ZHE

Thanatos ZHE

Quote from: 2004Zilla on May 02, 2016, 10:34:38 PM
https://40.media.tumblr.com/55e06f4f243574110869c60d666fdb97/tumblr_o4rk5ntBgF1uxpv1ro1_540.jpg

Do NOT click below if you don't want to be stuck in my hell.

Spoiler
Dammit!  I can't unsee the Queen wang in this pic!
[close]

Corporal Hicks

426Buddy

426Buddy

yeah thats an interesting one, I like it.

g2vd

g2vd

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: g2vd on May 06, 2016, 07:56:52 PM

Hell yea! That's what I used to see on the side of the Arcade cabinet back in the day when I played Aliens in the arcade shop!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Happy Mother's Day to all you celebrating.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

That's an awesome photo

Vertigo

Vertigo

Nothing makes an FX entity more believable than a physical prop in-frame with an actor. Amazing shot.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

THAT is the stuff nightmares are bred of. Don't do it Ripley!...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed