Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,633,064 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Those first couple (I'm guessing early Newborn designs?) look awesome.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I think they're early Newborn designs too. They definitely look quite Newbornish. I do really like that head, still not sold on the general shape/design of it though.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Those first head designs were great but like hicks said, the body shape is still not so good.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

That first head photo reminds me of the cover to AVP#0

http://darkhorse.wikia.com/wiki/Aliens_vs._Predator_Vol_1_0

I am not sure if it is a good design, but certainly the angle it was shot in looks badass..

windebieste

windebieste

Just about every early design of the newborn is better than what finally ended up on screen.  Man, that thing was just pathetic - and not in the way it was intended to be.  It was just awful.  Woeful.  Terrible... 

Why did they decide on it... WHY?

...and its demise was the WORST demonstration of air escaping into a vacuum, ever!  Sooo bad in sooo many ways. 

-Windebieste.

SiL

SiL

f**king beautiful animatronic movement, though.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Mar 23, 2016, 07:11:12 AMf**king beautiful animatronic movement, though.

Yeah. It really annoys me when people slag off ADI's work just because they don't like the look of it. People can hate the outward design all they want, but as a piece of purely technical hardware it was an utterly superb construction.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Mar 23, 2016, 07:11:12 AM
f**king beautiful animatronic movement, though.

Absolutely no denying that. The design sucked balls but the execution was amazing.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And people thought Alien Resurrection's humour was bad. Could you imagine that crossover?  :laugh:

426Buddy

426Buddy

That crossover is unimaginable lol.

Here's an interesting pic.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 23, 2016, 02:02:18 PMAnd people thought Alien Resurrection's humour was bad. Could you imagine that crossover?  :laugh:

I'd take Aliens vs. Mars Attacks! over Requiem any day - at least Mars Attacks! is meant to be a joke :)

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 23, 2016, 02:15:06 PM
That crossover is unimaginable lol.

Here's an interesting pic.

There's a sitcom hidden in here somewhere

windebieste

windebieste

I watched 'Mars Attacks!' just last night.  That movie has aged surprisingly well.  It's much better than most disposable comedies.  I would be totally up for a crossover featuring Xenos and Martians.  Maybe that's what Blomkamp has in mind. 

Just imagine the thing that emerges from the chest of one of those little green men if they got facehugged... 

Oh, Ripley and her family portrait... er... wutdafuk?  LOL.

I understand ADI is technically proficient.  So is my anus. 

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on Mar 24, 2016, 02:27:30 AMI watched 'Mars Attacks!' just last night.  That movie has aged surprisingly well.  It's much better than most disposable comedies.

It's a great film :) Stellar cast. I love that Jack Niocholson is in it twice, reminded me of how Peter Sellers used to do that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed